Encap is the Shampoo Method

Fred Geyen

I posted the following under another topic that asked what other Eq people use to Encap. I thought it should have its own subject. So here is the repeat. What do you think?

JIMMY IS RIGHT. IT IS A SHAMPOO METHOD NO MATTER WHAT ANY LOW OR HIGH PROFILE SALESMAN TELLS YOU. BY THE WAY IT ALSO WORKS BUT LETS A LEAST TELL THE TRUTH.

We have Cimex's, OP machines, 5 GLS, Rotary, and 6 machines from Dupont (the ones that started it all). Also 6 TM's

People keep forgetting MILLS DO NOT LIKE things that go ROUND & ROUND unless it looks like a GLS. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT START their shampooing career with a GLS does not understand the market.

Just my opinion but it happens to be right.

Fred Geyen

Sorry Mickey I spent many years with ServiceMaster and they have a product called GSL and as you can see I still reverse the GLS for the GSL.

I just edited my post so now it says GLS or is it GSL?

By the way how come no comment about the post?

Mikey P

Administrator
Because Ricky Gelinas likes me for some weird reason and If I agree with you he might cancel my wife's Watch Tower subscription.

Fred Geyen

You are an honest guy Mickey, but what about Jimmy what if he keeps you out of Nebraska?

Mikey P

Administrator
Personally,

I dont think they even have carpet in Nebraska yet.

Fred,
maybe you know

What was the first fabric/carpet shampoo that actually crystallized when dried?

Fred Geyen

Many lay claim to having first one. Which makes it hard to know who really had one that worked. In fact we said ServiceMaster had one 25 years ago but I know it was not true.

So being from Minnesota I would say it was 3M.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Fred you know people around the world are finding out the real facts that its only SHAMPOO.Its amazing that people are mislead by marketing.
And in reality the machines used for SHAMPOOING are only bigger than whats used by a KIRBY salesman doing a SHAMPOO demo in a home.

And here is another bombshell.........THEY DON'T eNCAPsULATE anything!
That is ...when they are in their diluted RTU solution.

Its funny how peoples egos are fed and then those same people use you for their intended purpose.

SHAMPOO!

ron markam

When I first came to the boards I said the same thing Jimmy is saying. I was ripped a new one.But the truth is the truth.Do they work yes is it something new no. Folks been spinnin bonnetts and stuff for years.All this stuff about floor pads on carpet is not new either. The one thing I can say is the chemicals are better than the old ones by far. But a new method I think not.

Fred Geyen

Yes Jimmy ".........THEY DON'T eNCAPsULATE anything! " . Janitorial companies have been bonnet cleaning for years and years. Wait until all these guys find out that Janitorial Companies can, will and are already using the NEW term "Encap".

Hey it works it will make carpet look good! Lets have a little truth in what we are doing. Maybe just Maybe lets extract the carpet every once in a while.

NOTE: Our company has its own CRI approved cleaner that we use for
Encap (shampoo), pre-spray, and extraction. I have already included that fact in my profile to keep things above board. Have not sold a gallon yet and maybe never will.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But Fred how do you tell your employees?
Do you speak spanish?

Hehehehehe!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
if i disagree with you, can i still try your product? :)

G

Fred I agree with you, but when a cc'er uses the term encap other cc'ers know what you're talking about. When you mention a Cimex like I did, it's typically related to Releasit or another encap product (ie shampoo). I agree it's nothing brand spankin new.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's we use to bonnett clean lots of carpet (ie shampoo). It's all shampoo. I agree with you.

Fred Geyen

Jimmy most of our guys think it is a new food. We can't get them to stop calling it "Encapsulata" on hard shell or soft.

I did not mention the product to sell any only to keep things above board. At some near point in the future we will pay for advertising in the trade Mags.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i can see calling it Shampoo method when using a low-speed rotary, Brute or Cimex.

but what about those who use the CRB's. that don't even LOOK like the Shampoo method does it?

and then you can Encap thru your portable or tm as well.

what is the definition of "Shampoo method"? cri have it defined somewhere?

thanx --- Derek.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We started making our own encapsulating shampoo and bonnet cleaner (2 different products) in the early 40's, way before I was born. We stopped making it shortly after the steam cleaning boom, and manufacturers/formulators started creating ones that were decent. We use to go through about 550 gallons of concentrate (20-1) a week as recently as the late 70's and then by the time I started in 1980 we were only making 2-3 55 gal drums a month due to steam cleaning becoming our primary method.

Ken

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Fred and Jimmy are both correct - as a method "encap" and "shampoo" are the same - at least as it's presently defined by the IICRC.

And of course, "encapsulation" works (as intended) or else Fred wouldn't have so many encap/shampoo machines in his arsenal. Further proof that it works is that Fred owns a DuPont franchise, so he is entrenched in the Resistech encapoo system.

And truth be told, Jimmy has been a closet encapper for years. So all of his talk is just that - talk.

We can label encapsulation whatever you wish to. But there's one thing you can be sure of... The new polymer technologies that are available today are NOT the same as the OLD shampoos from yesteryear. And the new formulations are also different than the old school shampoos. So if we are to be truthful about it, from the standpoint of the chemistry - "encap" detergent and the old style "shampoo" are different animals altogether.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Fred, is Ultra Restore the same as Resistech?

thanx --- Derek.

Fred Geyen

Derek no. It is ours. The Dupont stuff is way way to expensive. Ours is a super concentrate. It blows the others away. www.geyengroup.com

Like Ken Snow we have been doing Shampoo for years. The two area's I friendly disagree with Rick are:
1. We preach regular extraction that is why we have 6 TM's
2. I am not positive that some of the old Shampoo's did not dry "hard". Most of them were never marketed to the pure carpet cleaners, but to Janitorial Companies. 3M had many commercial carpet cleaners as did SC Johnston who knows if great "hard" drying Shampoo's were overlooked.

To Ricks point the new Shamoo's/Encaps do hide the dirt the same as Bonnet Cleaning did. In fact it is the new Bonnet Cleaning in a new package. No big mystery it "amalgamates" the dirt. It is a valuable part of keeping carpet looking good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom