Encap Residential

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Around there or above but they are some of the highest paid in our company. Probably 50% ofbthe company is below that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Connor

Name
Connor
Ken Snow said:
Around there or above but they are some of the highest paid in our company. Probably 50% ofbthe company is below that.
Thanks.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
jcooper said:
The most important VLM closing phrases, "don't worry we aren't going to drag those filthy hoses around your home that were cleaning up sewage 3 hours ago. We aren't a spray and go cleaning company that soaks your carpets and leaves you with reappearing spots."

The most important HWE closing phrases: We are actually removing your dirt!

If your wand isn't the last thing out of that home... you've got problems.

randy

Name
Randy
Ken Snow said:
I don't know where you get your info Randy, but a 40k net income is about 50-55 gross income. I would bet that less than 1/2 the people in the united states make anywhere near that.

Actually the median household income peaked in 2006 at $51,914 so yes less than 1/2 the people in the United States make 50-55 gross personal income, in fact far less. That really wasn't what I was comparing though, I was comparing carpet cleaners to business owners operating in other industries. That is a whole different animal and frankly $40,OOO is way below average in that demographic. Between 38-50% of all American families are below the poverty line in a given year. That's the facts, my sources US census bureau. The cleanfax figure I find totally believable, in fact I bet it's high as some probably exaggerated their income. Regardless $40,000 a year in personal income for a business owner is a joke (unless you are a start up). When you have people 10-15 years into this and still peaking there, well it's sad.

Also what is a "good" income in Detroit (one of the most depressed economies in the country) is all together different then here in the DC area where the median household income is over $125,000. Any carpet tech that can be a lead man will not work for $40,000 here. Literally that qualifies you for subsidized housing and free school lunches here.

randy

Name
Randy
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
well, through all that smoke and mirror show you just talked about is actual "performance". Actual cleaning is dead last? Shitty performance is what I posted about. Marketing and selling the method got a dip shit encapper through the door but shitty performance left that customer wide open for the future. So I get that you walked from HWE after 10 years but that only leaves me to believe you were a shitty steam cleaner and/or you couldn't phyically hump the job of hoses and wands.

Well Scott I have been at this about three times longer than you. Frankly you don't stay in this industry 22 years doing "shitty" work or not being able to hump the hoses/ wand etc. Our repeat business and referral business is amazing and that is really the health indicator of any business. I have watched the turn in this industry (around 25% of carpet cleaners leave the business every year according to the research Craig Jaspers seminar company did) and they aren't leaving because they are doing well. Most of them are in fact HWE cleaners and their overhead and poor marketing skills kills them off,not the cleaning results they are getting.

Sorry you were offended by my post, something tells me that means you fall into a few of the categories I mentioned (no health Insurance, no retirement savings, income of $40k or less) and haven't yet realized you are on the HWE tread mill. Best of luck with that. I HOPE you figure it out before I did. Frankly I wish I had started with a Von Shrader, Op unit ,Whittiker or Cimex from day one and never "invested" in the first truck mounted or portable HWE unit. I would have been light years ahead financially.

P.S. I personally know five "dip shit encappers" that are millionaires. One a couple of times over after financing a half dozen different businesses from the cash his carpet cleaning business throws off.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think most focus so much on cleaning the carpet they forget that cleaning the carpet is only a given and not a focal point.

It's really just an expected ingredient....If that's all you have to offer, that's all you have to offer.

Customer Service is important, Image is crucial, Follow up is a must, 1st impressions are within the first 7 seconds of someone see you (including your ads)....What do you have to say in 7 seconds?

Can you clean a carpet in 7 seconds? It's that opening of the door that will decide whether or not you have a new customer or someone who just wants to get it over with.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Customer Service is important, Image is crucial, Follow up is a must, 1st impressions are within the first 7 seconds of someone see you (including your ads)....What do you have to say in 7 seconds?

Brian, where did you get that "7 seconds"?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
Brian R said:

Mary Kay. I can ask Jen to get the article because I'm not sure where to look.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
[center:2aqv0khm]ANY STEAM CLEANERS CONSIDERING GOING TO THE DARKSIDE SHOULD VISIT ENCAPSTORE.COM[/center:2aqv0khm]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Connor said:
[quote="Brian R":3rwrecs0]

Mary Kay. I can ask Jen to get the article because I'm not sure where to look.[/quote:3rwrecs0]

Yes, please.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:

From the article.
we make eleven major decisions about one another in the first seven seconds of meeting.

That article was absolute shite. It references an NYU study, what they found (quoted above) and then gives seven points about making a good impression and doesn't tie it in to the NYU study. She doesn't make a case at all.

Maybe she thinks that Forbes readers wouldn't get the fact that she attempted to make a tie in without giving any usable data and the only relation her article makes to the NYU study is the number seven.

I can't believes she gets a paycheck to write something so hollow.

Why didn't she discuss the "eleven major decisions" that NYU researchers found?

I am disappoint.

This isn't a judgment on you, Brian, just the empty article.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I didn't even read it... I just googled 7 seconds to make a first impression and pasted the link here.

I guess I should have stated that.

I'll ask Jen later.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
I didn't even read it... I just googled 7 seconds to make a first impression and pasted the link here.

I guess I should have stated that.

I'll ask Jen later.

Tsk, tsk, Brian. :|

Yes, please ask Jen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom