Encap vs HWE...Also Von Schrader

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I'm not trying to start an argument but man I have HWE'd a theatre every month for the last year. The first time was to get out all the residues someone left from encapping for 2 years with no HWE...used over 200 gallons of liquid rinse to get all the soap and scum out. And still after 12 cleanings with the Solus 500 the water is still dark black. I know we can never get alll the dirt out but ***do some of you feel comfortable encapping things that are full of dirt???*** i know when i first started 2 years ago with Von Schrader i always felt uncomforatable..i never HWE'd but i just knew somehow that it was cleaning as well as it should..and I bet VS gets more dirt out than OPing with a pad. It has too with the vacuum on it I would think. What is everyone's thoughts on Von Schrader. Why are we not using that machine more for pre-agitating..it has A VACUUM where most scrubbers do not right?...I don't want to scrub the dirt in more..I know the agitating helps for HWE but...I dunno I know sometimes we need to think logical and want to make more money..but I am allll about perfection..and I know as long as i continue to do that as much as custy's dont want to pay it God will provide completely for what I deserve...

Thanks everybody..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jordan;

I'll take a shot at this since I have cleaned with a Von Schrader:

1. Are you sure the previous cleaner was using a properly formulated "Encap"?

2. The Black residue sounds like a soil-attracting detergent system.

Von Schrader machines have a great brush design,
but the detergent system does not have the anti-resoil characteristics of a current "Encap" system.

Vacuum level of a high power TM is many times more than the VS or a portable similar to the one you are using.

Larry

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
The Solus 500 has great pressure...alottt of heat and a glide...i put quite a bit of 212+ water through that carpet...so Larry you are saying even though there Detergent says Anti-Resoil it is not the greatest...you would think the Pioneer of encap cleaning would have a good detergent?...maybe not i guess

Name
Bill Soukoreff
jstucky said:
The Solus 500 has great pressure...alottt of heat and a glide...i put quite a bit of 212+ water through that carpet...so Larry you are saying even though there Detergent says Anti-Resoil it is not the greatest...you would think the Pioneer of encap cleaning would have a good detergent?...maybe not i guess

And who would be the pioneer of encap cleaning?

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Wasn't it Von Schrader?...They claim they were the first carpet cleaning machine ever invented 70 years ago...And it is dry foam encap cleaning.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Tough situation. I think about how I would clean the local theater when I go there. Guess it goes to how much they're willing to pay.

Is your rinse leaving a residue or do you think the place is just gathering that much soil every month?. Being the perfectionist that you are you'll have to keep hwe it unless you close your eyes when you dump your tank :lol:

j/k . Done any testing?. Go by looks or charge more. Be honest with the management and god will forgive you.

Albert

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I use Pre-Spray and straight steam...sometimes liquid rinse...it is just very high traffic....they do poor vacuuming...

What will God forgive me for are you saying??

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'd be interested in seeing how this pans out for you.

The god thing was just in case you give in to leaving the dirt behind (vlm) :wink:

Albert

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
inefficient or not very profitable??

im just going for quality cleaning here...which is better?

which one cleans better?

tim

I think the answer to your question depends on alot of factors. If you had a high heat truckmount and ran good flow through the wand and quality cleaners like Judsons, Cobbs or Extreme Clean, a couple of good cleans in a row should get you to the maitenance level. THEN if you wanted to encap using a quality product like Hot Knife or Releasit and a Cimex, you could encap for 3 or 4 months, then a good HWE again. Lets face it, if it is high traffic, 30 days of hard wear will and should always result in dirty water or why would they hire you to clean it? Borrow a good truckmount and compare results. If this is not possible, use the porty with good chems and dont worry about it. If you have a cimex, cx-20 or similar machine, try encapping 3 or 4 times, then HWE and see how it goes. The secret is, get the facility to a good base point and do what it takes to keep it there. Use good equipment, proper techniques and excellent chems and you will make 'em smile!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
jstucky said:
inefficient or not very profitable??

YES to BOTH

jstucky said:
im just going for quality cleaning here...which is better?

pile brush, vac and bonnetcap
I'd take a thorough vac and bonnet clean over a VS ANY day
BTW, i do have a little experience with VS, so I'm talking from experience.

I finally thru my VS away after it set in the pole barn loft for YEARS

...L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom