Encapped glue down - client wants HWE

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I cleaned offices for a hydraulic oil company. It has glue down level loop and lots of oil tracked through. I have cleaned them in the past with TM HWE comes out ok. This time I thought it would be better to encap it. I vacuumed a lot and used Brushes & Bonnets with a 175rpm. It looked great when I left, better than any other times, I thought. The customer called and said that they thought the carpet didn't look all the great and wanted the "way with the hoses". I'm going to reclean it. I just cleaned it a few days ago, should I prespray and extract like normal? Should I just rinse it with the heat turned up?

dan mabes

My thought is to do exactly what you did in the past. If they were happy with the results, why do anything less.
Just my thinking.

TimP

Yes pre-spray it. Use a grease/oil cutting detergent and get it dry as you can. Don't think the left over scampoo is gonna be helping you.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
carpetcleaner said:
It looked great when I left, better than any other times, I thought.

did you look at it the next day when dry??

there IS a learning curve to encRapping.
What looked "great" while doing it, isn't always the case the next day

Just re-clean it like you normally do

..l.T.A.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I thought it looked great, but I recleaned it. I think the client didn't like the idea of encap. A quick rinse and they were happy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It sounds like it was a problem with perception more than actual problem with the carpet.

It might have gone over smoother had you offered it as a part of a comprehensive cleaning plan. HWE to get it fully flushed out then vlm to maintain it. The maintenance cleanings could be offered at a reduced sq/ft rate since you should be able to burn right through it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom