Encapsulation...come someone help me with this??

Rescue

Is this method better for larger commercial area vs. residential?? I have only done HWE. I might have a commercial job and I felt extraction would take alot longer? What do you think?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Research the SHAMPOO method.

The main removal of soil in this method is the thorough 1st step...vacuuming.

Remember by going to the SHAMPOO BB you will receive tainted info because its a board set up for sales.Mentioning other products is a no no.

Clark

Hello Joesph

We clean 700K to 1M sq/ft of CGD a month with very good success. If this is a maintenance program on moderate soil I would Encap with a pad machine every 6 months and HWE traffic lanes every 12 months. And full HWE every 2 years. This has been very successful for us. You will need to explain to you customer the difference in the price of HWE and the maintenance program. We usually quote HWE separately. If the carpet looks good they will not pay for HWE. That's were you can get into trouble with chemical build up. Mostly with acrylic polymers. A good vacuum program will help. Sometimes vacuuming isn't done properly or with good equipment. Good luck. I hope I have helped.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You are correct that HWE will take longer. Production rate (speed) can be important when bidding on a commercial account is very competitive. But speed is not the whole picture.

Depending on the type of carpet, level of soil and type of soil, HWE is likely to remove considerably more soil than encapsulation will. However, encapsulation makes the carpet look good without as many worries about resoiling and stains that wick back. The appearance is likely to be better with encapsulation.

As other posters have suggested encapsulation for regular appearance maintenance and occasional HWE for the thorough flushing will provide a balance between price, appearance, soil removal and life of the carpet.

Scott Warrington

hogjowl

Idiot™
Listen ... the truth is simply that in many commercial situations encap cleaning will outperform HWE.

Even in some situations where even the encap. salesmen that hang out here will tell you that it won't work in.

But, keep your HWE capabilities, cuz when encap. fails, it fails miserably.

ron markam

I have to 2nd what Marty is saying I have an account that had to be flushed b4 encap would work.Tried cotton pads first scrubbing then cotton pads right after scrubbing when it dried the traffic lanes were still black.Sometimes you gotta flush.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
admiralclean said:
But, keep your HWE capabilities, cuz when encap. fails, it fails miserably.

Marty, when the encap does not work it is because "The carpet did not respond to our efforts." The failure should always be blamed on the carpet, not on the product (unless it is the competition's product). A little something a learned in the sales class.

Scott Warrington

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Joseph, no ONE system is the absolute best for EVERY situation.

I have my reasons for choosing Encapsulation over HWE in most commercial settings.

Others will have different reasons for their system.

With Encap; I don't have:

An expensive machine sitting outside, possibly upsetting people with it's noise and/or exhaust fumes.

Environmentally, Encap uses a lot less water and no gas.

You use the clients electricity.

Security problems with people stealing equipment, chemicals etc; from vehicle if not able to be secured. Also no security problems with the premises as all equipment is inside and doors secured.

No hoses snaking through the job site.

No problem with damp or smelly carpets the next working day, especially if air conditioning is turned off as so many are.

On CGD polyprop/olefin, my dry Encap; looks much better than a dry HWE.

Carpet does fill up over time, especially if not vacuumed efficiently, so HWE or Steamin Demon is a good way to flush these impurities out occasionally.

Some jobs, not many, I will use HWE.

Others I use a combination of both.

I also do one hell of a lot of residential with Encap;

Pre vacuuming with an efficient vacuum cleaner, in the correct manner, is all important in both types of cleaning, in my opinion.

Cheers,

Shorty.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
"If I have made one person smile today, then I have done well."

Then I look at Marty's character avatar, & I know I have done well.

Not gay,

Just happy, it brings a smile to my dial. :wink:

Cheers,

Shorty.

SunClean

Shorty

I've never encapped residential before...Do you include thick shag as well? Never felt comfortable doing it...but your post has me thinking. Anything I should be aware of before I try this?

Cheers
Mark

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
A lot more cleaners use encap; in residentials than those that own up to it.

Again, it is up to the operator to inform the owner of the difference between the systems and what needs to be done.

Some trashed houses with nylon, I will scrub with Cimex, then HWE with my RX20.

I also do this with wool.

On poly's; I have HWE'd with my RX20 then encapped with the Cimex to give a better look to the dried product.

Horses for courses.

I have only seen a couple of shag pile carpets in the last twenty years, certainly none since I have been doing encap;

The shag rugs are starting to be seen down under this last year or so.

I would not encap; shag.

Similarly, I would not use a brush vacuum on one.

Hope this helps, (and causes a few to get splinters) :lol:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
see my last topic on my experience with encapping, I say do what I did and rent a machine from your supplier and try it on real carpets in real situations. I think one guy summed it up best, encapping, its just shampooing with a fancy new name, it guess it has its place but IMO only if the truckmount will not make it look substanitally better or in conjuntiion with HWE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom