Encapuguard, truth or hype?

Mikey P

Administrator
Encapsulate Neutralizer

EncapuGuard brings the benefits of encapsulation chemical technology to hot water extraction. No matter what cleaning method you use, you can now take advantage of advanced crystallizing polymer technology to keep carpets clean for far longer. Simply spray Encapuguard on carpet after ANY type of cleaning and fibers are coated with a special polymer that absorbs soils and dries to a dry brittle crystal which is then removed during normal vacuuming. Encapuguard neutralizes alkaline residues, prevents wicking and stops browning or yellowing.

Is it like Cobb's film former?

is it just a shampoo?

does it help rapid resoling from slurry coated blacktops?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Wow, I may stop cleaning completely and just spray this fairy juice on. It absorbs the soiling. How about that. Why bother with agitation or rinsing.

Pump up from ACE Hardware and you're equipped to be a carpet cleaner.

I'm calling B.S. on this.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Carpet cleaners are so gullible.

Just search on youtube for some cleaner's videos.

Its as if they read the bottle or miracle cleaner and recite the crap to their customers.

About as bad as that Ricky the ShamWow SHAMPOO salesman.

:shock:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Its a very good anti-wicking agent and soil retardant. No magic; the technology is along the same lines as the stuff we used for soil retardant before fluorochemicals were available.

Our cleaning company saved a carpet that four other good quality companies couldn't stop from wicking afterward by using it.

Its worked good for some stubborn deicing salt residues as well.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I tried it as a bonus for one of my regular accounts. I was going to be out of town, so I had one of my restoration guys clean it and apply the encapuguard. They requested my restoration crewmember to come clean again because his cleaning lasted longer than mine. I informed them that I had him apply the pixie dust and it would be X number of dollars to apply the pixie dust again and they changed the subject.

If you want the best results on residential of commercial carpet, steam clean and then shampoo the carpet. So yes you can get better results, but I would not use 8 oz per gallon. I would only use 1-2 oz per gallon. The idea is to just leave a little shampoo down. I have done this on several carpets and they stay clean a lot longer than when I simply steam clean and apply protector, but that is another subject all together. I have also used Encapuguard, but I added it to All Fiber Rinse which is basically like using All Fiber Deep Clean. For my money, I would prefer to shampoo the carpet.

One of the first posts I ever did on this board was about a problem I had when using a water claw on my personal carpet in an area where my dog went on the carpet several times. I flushed the hell of the carpet but it left a slightly darker area and never looked right so much that I will never water claw just one spot in a customer's carpet if urine is in the pad because it will be darker in the area where you claw than the rest of the carpet. Yes I nuetralized and applied brown out etc. The next time I cleaned the carpet I extracted and then shampooed the carpet. The stain or dark area did not immediately go away but after repeated vacuumings and foot traffic over several months, the stain and dark area is completely gone.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mikey P said:
Can't I just apply and ol' Encapsulant shampoo at 8 ounces to a gallon to get the same results?

what's the pH on the shampoo? EncapuGuard is a 3.5 pH. I use it as a "why not?" when I want to bring down the pH of a nuclear emulsifier on a commercial carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom