end of the Evan Kessler empire..

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
ICS had the premier message board back in the day. I logged on when it was in it's heyday. Even sent me a nastygram for a post I made (I think I was talking about how trashed my van was inside LOL). He didn't have the temperament to tolerate the raw language and brutal honesty of the working joe and was also hypersensitive to anti Semitic comments real or perceived. Ultimately his board became boring and filled with hucksters. Oh well, lessons learned, life goes on. I'm sure he'll bounce back on his feet.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Well heck... Now what am I going to do with my password that Mikey and I use to share during his ban happy moments?

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
He is not really leaving the industry. He will be at ICS and R & R through the end of the month. Starting in November, he is the new Publisher for Claims Magazine, the leading publication for the casualty insurance adjusters industry. It has direct ties to the restoration industry.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Good bye Evan.........don't call........don't send me any flowers......we are done.

Besides I have my new skype buddies.............Stephen Hawkings.......Gary Busey.....and Madea to lighten up life instead of being uptight like you.

I got banned because I pissed off too many advertisers who pushed crap over there all the freakin time.

Especially one SCAMPOO Gawd.

Happens here too but it's accepted $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Good bye Evan.........don't call........don't send me any flowers......we are done.

Besides I have my new skype buddies.............Stephen Hawkings.......Gary Busey.....and Madea to lighten up life instead of being uptight like you.

I got banned because I pissed off too many advertisers who pushed crap over there all the freakin time.

Especially one SCAMPOO Gawd.

Happens here too but it's accepted $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You should mail him a farewell present :shifty:....

Becker

Name
Becker
Everyone once in a while you meet a guy in life whom you can't help but respect! Learn from! Instantly feel as if he is your long time friend.

Oh sorry, this thread is about Evan.

Those were some good days when ICS was king, or CCS.

Now the only action is 2 board, each run by a couple of.............................................

Oh crap here I go derailing the thread again.

randy

Name
Randy
Well obviously Evan's social media strategy for ICS magazine was a bust. Not much going on over there and our industry's two print trade magazines are destined to be a memory soon, much like the yellowpages. Unfortunately the magazine business will be online or a memory. Trying to print and mail a traditional magazine is only possible with lots of advertisers and companies are wising up and realizing that print advertising is way, way overrated. It's slowly disappearing altogether. The articles here on this site could be considered a "magazine" and *** has launched a magazine. The competition in the new online magazine format will be fearce and most will be free, relying on ad revenue. Anyone can start an online magazine and many will.

Evan wasn't the only one to come up with zip after chasing the social media rainbow. A recent article in the Wallstreet journal quoted a survey of marketing managers from a host of different size companies and 87% reported ZERO revenue from social media. Those that could attribute revenue to social media labeled it as insignificant. Dispite the huge industry of self appointed social media consultants that has poped up the last few years, social media has NOT returned the numbers that were promised in the sales pitches. It sold lots of marketing kits, seminars and how to books but not much else. Like the " certified LIFE coaches" ( hard to type that without busting out laughing) and yogurt shops (that's not ice cream! ) Social media was a FAD, a trend that is all but over with respect to marketing.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i never met or spoke to him. idk what he did for the industry besides mod/admin a BB. did he ever clean a carpet? what did he actually do besides have a paying job admin'ing a BB, that made him so great for the industry?

no offense meant, i am honestly wondering and would like to know.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
i never met or spoke to him. idk what he did for the industry besides mod/admin a BB. did he ever clean a carpet? what did he actually do besides have a paying job admin'ing a BB, that made him so great for the industry?

no offense meant, i am honestly wondering and would like to know.

The bulletin board was just a sideline. Evan was editor of ICS magazine and held many other positions in publishing as he advanced to that job.

Reactions: Derek

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i know that he cried to Wheelright about me telling him ta grab
his rag and head to the outhouse so's
i could get a good picture.......

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Anything that makes a website more difficult to use will chase people away. When it appeared that the increased difficulty of using the Clean Restore site was about benefit to the site owner and not the user, a loss of interest should have been expected. User complaints answered with, "We don't care what you think, we're not changing back." seemed a curious way to promote growth, and was completely at odds with what should be done with social media. Social media is about being friendly - brand-building - not direct income production. Good lesson for others.

Like the " certified LIFE coaches" ( hard to type that without busting out laughing) and yogurt shops (that's not ice cream! ) Social media was a FAD, a trend that is all but over with respect to marketing.

Frozen yogurt is back. "Froyo" is no longer sold as lower calorie ice cream, just cheaper and more fun. You'll find froyo shops popping up like mushrooms everywhere.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I remember commenting on his Ralph Bloss article. He mentioned some things Ralph was known for. I enjoyed it very much. I imagine is was hard to deal with all the cleaners personalities on the bulletin board. He deserved big bucks for that. I didn't know him well, but he did buy me lunch at one of the Mikeyfests in Santa Cruz. Wish him well.

Becker

Name
Becker
We had a nice little walk from Osheas to the Excalibur talking about how it was going to rule the carpet cleaning forum world.

But deep down, we knew Mikey was up to something after the fail of the Vortex board.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Interesting thing I remember from being a mod on the V board was the shared data from the sister Marathon data site, ICS. Was very easy to see too much....

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I remember a certain Lee Stockwell giving me Mick Mellos password and getting a call from The Evanator , hisowndamnself....... and it wasn't to discuss my favourite flavour of ice cream....and then I got banned.

Name
Grant DuBridge
I have been off these boards for a long time and was very surprised at the low level of traffic on the other board and that Evan was out. It is amazing to see some of the old guys that made the other board so funny still alive and well right here. Rawknee, Marty and some of the founding fathers of sarcasm. I still have my Possum Marketing T-shirt. I only wear it for special occasions, like when going to carpet cleaning classes and trade shows.

Grant

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom