engine trouble

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i was driving down the road and the engine light came on and the truck went to idle. i puttered to the grass at 1 mile an hour. i turned it off and back on and the problem disappeared, except the light stayed on. the light eventually went off.any ideas ? 2006 izuzu npr. diesel

gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
could be a hand full of things.....but the first thing I would check is the sediment filter....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I replaced the sediment filter already and it was full of gunk. the dealer charges 95 to read it. i will try sat if i get the time.

gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
some of that "gunk" could of found its way to one of the injectors and made it sputter a bit....change your fuel filter and put a diesel injector cleaner in your tank...

ascrubabove

The most common problem that would cause that would be some air was sucked into the fuel system, and the most common place that happens is the sediment filter. The second most common problem would be the lift pump, it supplies fuel from the tank to the governer.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the problem has completely disappeared. the truck never miss a beat it just went to idle . Shutting off the engine reset the computer and it was fine except for the check engine light. my sediment filter has a light that comes on in case of water, but it never lit. i'll look to see if i can hook to the link but i'll bet it's different .

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i wonder if the OBD tools auto parts stores have would read it??

I agree it sounds like something broke loose and clogged the injector just enough

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Do those trucks have OBD II diagnostics? If so the code scanners have come way down in price. For under $200, mine will read every domestic and foreign car and van sold in America - not sure about the trucks.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Chris I have the code scanner but i forgot to look at the truck for the link. I'll look on Monday to see if it fits. the code should be stored.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom