Equipment advice please

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Just bought a rotovac shear dry upholstery tool, tried it out on my home sofa and some upholstered chairs i have, seems to work well. problem is when I get a call to do just upholstery I don't really want to lug my Mytee LTD5 in a home just to clean a sofa. So I am trying to find a good spotting/upholstery only machine. I was considering the 8070 Mytee Lite™ Heated Carpet Extractor.
What do you guys use and or recommend

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I lug Mytee's previous Lite model, where you have to remove the waste tank to fill the reservoir. Been a good machine for upholstery. Current model is improved, can fill the reservoir without cracking anything open, and dump looks much easier.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
How about this idea==Use the rotovac CFX continous flow extractor for upholstery just hook up to sink for unlimited water, run the drain line to where ever is convenient and have at it.. Just a thought, what do you guys think

Willy P

Name
Willy P
How about this idea==Use the rotovac CFX continous flow extractor for upholstery just hook up to sink for unlimited water, run the drain line to where ever is convenient and have at it.. Just a thought, what do you guys think

You won't always have a sink adaptor for it. Plus you only get city pressure.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
EDIC makes a beautiful 5 gal portable with heat. Easy to bring in, fill and empty. 5 gallons can clean an average sofa. The heat makes it simple.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
that EDIC galaxy 5 looks nice has 5gal solution tank but only 3gal recovery tank. Went to their website, those suckers don't put any prices
for any of their equipment on their site, guess i'll have to google it find price elsewhere

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
might go with a 6gal "Clean Storm" machine from steambrite to use for spotting and upholstery. anyone ever use one of those

Name
Nate W.
Steambrite had a fire at there warehouse, you may want to try and call to see if their back up and running.... I'm just relaying what I've heard through the grape vine.....

Reactions: dgardner

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Clean storm is just a rebranded Sandra machine.

If you want a good portable call ray at Cobb carpet in Dallas, they carry the mosquito line of extractors that I am quickly growing fond of for a portable anyways.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We are introducing a line of 5 spotting / extractors. 3 gallon fresh tank, 3 gallon waste tank. A variety of options for water pressure and vacuum, easy to dump waste water and fresh water at the end of a job.

This is the base model. You can jump up to 2 pumps with more PSI or 3 choices of vacuum up to the newer high efficency vacuum. Almsot makes it a miniture portable.
https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=MA72

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
yes the Clean storm is just a rebranded Sandra machine as is the "truck port" that excellent supply sells. I've seen the mosquito line of extractors that cobb carpet sells, But that green color is kinda hard to swallow.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
A good, portable upholstery machine? Rug Doctor. About $420 with upholstery tool. Does a good job, the hose will get you up a flight of stairs and in a pinch, lets you do a traffic area or small room.
What I like is that it is easy to mantain, has a small square footprint and wheels for toting around. No heat, though. Performs as well or better than my spotting/upholstery machine.
What I hate is Mrs. Coastie seems to think it should stay at home and no, I can't keep it on the van.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
I would never take a rug doctor machine into a customers home to clean anything. Not saying it wouldn't clean
just not to professional looking in my opinion

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom