Essential Tile cleaning tools

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
There used to be a list of what guys here found to be effective tools for tile cleaning.
Beside the spinner etc.

Just little things like the right brush etc. Things that work well or save time which were learned from experience.

So what are the tools you consider essential and links please if you can.

It seems like these list tend to disappear (I know many that I archived the links to have) , or at least I can't find them no longer. These are valuable aids that save lots of time and effort.

Mike and Fred- Since this place is also a cleaning university, I think it will be great if they will be a sticky.

Mikey P

Administrator
20180206_123609.jpg
Invaluable for night work in your shit hole state...

Attachments

• 20180206_123609.jpg
    20180206_123609.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 218

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I love Ca, Mike. Wouldn't trade it for any other state. But thanks for the endorsement :winky:. Though I don't do night work.

Not sure what was the list you made for Tom, I'd love to see it. Do you have a link?

I am also talking in general. One of the great features of this place is the education. I used to archive informative threads by subject, so that I could find when needed. These days lots of these links don't work anymore.

So I was wondering if they can be stickies so that they can be easily accessed by whoever can benefit (I sure do) and also avoid repetitions. I think it will be a useful feature.

These days I copy and paste the info.

Mikey P

Administrator
Digging out failed caulk, silicone grout...

I hate to tell you this but you'll be required to know how to fix failed tub to wall joints, show wall to floor joints and random missing or damaged grout issues on floors.

I'm organizing another Mikey's Board Stone Pro class in Anaheim for June, I think you should come.

Reactions: jwfoulk12 and ruff
Name
Jeff T

I hate to tell you this but you'll be required to know how to fix failed tub to wall joints, show wall to floor joints and random missing or damaged grout issues on floors.

I'm organizing another Mikey's Board Stone Pro class in Anaheim for June, I think you should come.
Limited seating? Will it cover all aspects?( cleaning of various hard surfaces, chems, tools?). More importantly, will it cover repair, regrout? What about resurfacing?
Please keep us posted Mike.
Jeff @ SCC

Mikey P

Administrator
Limited seating? Will it cover all aspects?( cleaning of various hard surfaces, chems, tools?). More importantly, will it cover repair, regrout? What about resurfacing?
Please keep us posted Mike.
Jeff @ SCC

I should have a date tomorrow

The class is focused on stone restoration at every level. Tools, tricks, repair etc.

extremely hands on

Reactions: jwfoulk12

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

I'd love to but not sure I will be able to attend. I love those non-iicrc, hands on classes.
But just talking about it, I'm already starting to feel pain in my back :winky:

Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
I tried them

Horrible.

Way too wide.

Two versions and one was waaaay to soft and the other was far too stiff. Both were hard to keep in the grout line.

Plus the dude was a total jerk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wandslinger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom