estimate help

I don't want to price anything over the phone. Some people are happy to get an estimate while others are hesitant.

What do you tell people?

If I have to quote, I think pricing low and explaining that it is just a rough est is best.

I have 6 est for next week and I don't advertise price anywhere so I can charge a good price.

That is the only way I see to get higher prices and more work from each appt.

I just hate it when people ask if I am running any specials. I tell them yes a great job done right the first time for a fair price.

Bob Foster

If they ask about specials maybe say something like you can offer a package deal if they need lots of carpet or other added services such as upholstery or tile cleaning. Also it costs them nothing for you to go have a look.

If they put you off the in-home estimate they likely were not going to go with you anyway.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
If I have to quote, I think pricing low and explaining that it is just a rough est is best.

wrong

a low estimate might close the sale over the phone
but what does the custy think when you get there and the quote is 20-30% higher???

learn to ask the right questions, Junior, and you'll be able to give pretty accurate phone quotes.
the only time it changes is if the custy gave you bad/inaccurate answers to your questions

"no 'mam, I gave you a price for open areas as you requested .
moving large furniture in all FIVE bed rooms to clean wall to wall doesn't qualify as "open areas dear..sorry

.L.T.A.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Dan , I do alot of over the phone estimates. First get a feel for the customer and what they need done. Then give them an approxamate not and exact estimate like this....." based on what you told me you could expect to pay somewhere between 160 and 210 ,When I arrive we can agree on the price before I begin" This leaves the door open for the lower end but leaves the possibility open to charge the higher If you get there and the job is a pain in the butt. I have been doing my phone estimates like this for a while and it seems to work well for me and save me money on trips to do estimates

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I hardly ever do in home estimates anymore. I give rough estimates on the phon and I close 98% of all of them

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
I don't want to price anything over the phone. Some people are happy to get an estimate while others are hesitant.

What do you tell people?

I have 6 est for next week and I don't advertise price anywhere so I can charge a good price.

That is the only way I see to get higher prices and more work from each appt.

I just hate it when people ask if I am running any specials. I tell them yes a great job done right the first time for a fair price.

holy shit we agree on something :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Quoting low over the phone does not work for me. I will give a range after asking questions and writing down what we talked about. If I qouted low due to my misunderstanding I will explain to the client that the price will be $$ in the future but due to my misunderstanding we will provide the service we spoke about today at the agreed upon phone price. The more I do the better I get at phone pricing and the time spent going to the home for estimate more than makes up for this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom