Ever had stuff Stolen?

Ron K

Pure Clean had trailer stolen from business location. On the local TV news. I've never had any problems at all.
Actually when I first started I left a wand on the street corner in Seattle and when I came back an hour latter it was still there.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Years ago, I had an employee steal a fan.
Another employee told me. We went to his house, got the fan
And the dude didn’t show up for work after that

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Homeless guy stole a hydro-force, wand and stair tool out of my truck when I was working. Lady in a office in the same bldg saw him, never thought to call the number on the truck that was staring her in the face.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
My back door opened as I turned a corner and a,backpack fell out.

By the time I did a U turn and arrived back it was gone - 40 seconds or so.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
never any CCing stuff
years ago had tools stolen from an empty house we were rehabbing
Most was recovered when they busted a drug house a few blocks away

more recently, the kid that worked with us last summer and Fall .
He decided it was prudent to make full re$titution to me :winky:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
By the time I did a U turn and arrived back it was gone - 40 seconds or so.

some years ago I turned a corner on a rural rd and found a large tool box in the middle of the road .
Chock full of quality hand tools (wrenches, sockets, drivers, etc, etc)
No one around, no clue how long they laid on that lonely road

Thought I hit the jackpot...til I started looking them over and saw many were engraved with initials I recognized

so I called volunteer fire dept and asked if they were missing anything :lol:
sure'nuff they were

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
A buddy of mine bought my old Greebhorn wand from me, only to have it stolen from his van while at an apartment complex. He found it s few days later at a pawn shop. Had to by it back, so he said.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We had a Butler stolen while it was running. The crew was cleaning a 3rd floor walk-up and halfway through the job, the vac and solution stopped. They thought the equipment had shut down. They went down to reset it and there was nothing there, just the vac and solution lines laying where they had been ripped out when the truck drove away.

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We had a Butler stolen while it was running. The crew was cleaning a 3rd floor walk-up and halfway through the job, the vac and solution stopped. They thought the equipment had shut down. They went down to reset it and there was nothing there, just the vac and solution lines laying where they had been ripped out when the truck drove away.
I worked for a company that had 2 vans stolen on the same night by the same people. We had a crew working at a MacDonalds doing an upstairs carpet when all of a sudden the wand was ripped out of the techs hand and went flying down the stairs. They get downstairs in time to see the van speeding away with the vac hose swinging behind it. As the crew leader is on the phone with the supervisor, he gets a call from another crew up the road. There van was stolen too. The first van caught fire so they abandoned it and as luck will have it, there was another one right there. Both vans were a total loss.

Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Did you find the van.., ever?

It was found about a year and a half later in an impound lot by one of our employees. The employee was there helping a friend get a car that had been towed. According to the paperwork, the van was found about 2 blocks away from where it was stolen. It had also sat in the impound lot for almost a year. The motor and transmission were gone as well as a few other van parts including a couple of the doors. The Butler equipment though was still basically intact. The insurance company had paid us off for the van so we didn't technically own it. We did contact them to see about getting the tanks and some other Butler parts. We got the okay from the insurance company to harvest the parts we could and the day before we were scheduled to go get them the van caught fire in the impound lot and everything was fried. A very strange episode from start to finish.

The funny part.. no one at any time ever thought to call the phone number on the side of the van. :hopeless:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
The funny part.. no one at any time ever thought to call the phone number on the side of the van. :hopeless:

Sometimes people do not think.

I once had a tech that ran out of gas.
He called his wife to call me because he couldn't remember the office #
Just maybe he would have thought to look at a business card? Maybe an invoice?
Or the big billboard on the side of the van?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Air mover taken from the van (doors open) while tech was cleaning. Another carpet cleaning company cleaning 3 doors away. Made me wonder if that is where it went.

Broken into once and they got less than $200 of misc tools and did $500 in damage getting in.

Reactions: Brian H and Mikey P

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
3 Vans in one night. I think that’s either 5 or 6 total over the years. Had a former employee ( hadn’t been employed for several years) break in and steal a van from our shop one night, go clean his moms house and leave it in a Walmart parking lot. Cops were able to ID him from our surveillance as well as Walmart’s.

Mikey P

Administrator
I worked for a company that had 2 vans stolen on the same night by the same people. We had a crew working at a MacDonalds doing an upstairs carpet when all of a sudden the wand was ripped out of the techs hand and went flying down the stairs. They get downstairs in time to see the van speeding away with the vac hose swinging behind it. As the crew leader is on the phone with the supervisor, he gets a call from another crew up the road. There van was stolen too. The first van caught fire so they abandoned it and as luck will have it, there was another one right there. Both vans were a total loss.
Common Coit occurrence in Oakland CA

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
3 Vans in one night. I think that’s either 5 or 6 total over the years. Had a former employee ( hadn’t been employed for several years) break in and steal a van from our shop one night, go clean his moms house and leave it in a Walmart parking lot. Cops were able to ID him from our surveillance as well as Walmart’s.
Did he at least do a few dry strokes for dear old Mom?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm always in amazement at the turds and jewels the human race can produce.

Is the turd created in the womb or does the diamond turn to shit over time?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Combination of nuture and nature. Some people are born to be assholes and they find encouragement on the way. Like a school bully who's parents say, "oh no, not my kid"

Chris Brown

Name
Chris Brown
Years ago I had a portable work radio stolen out of my truck at an apartment complex. Also had a pump up sprayer stolen at a gas station when I went inside to pay. Been lucky otherwise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom