ever had this happen with microfiber??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
today while spot cleaning a microfiber sofa that had a couple pen marks on it, I broke out the prosolve gel and put some on the spots and agitated with my fingernail. the pen came out really easy, but after I rinsed with my uph tool it appeared that the microfiber had some type of backing glued to it and this backing seperated from the outer material making the outer fabric kinda bubble a little, anyone else seen this happen before

Becker

Name
Becker
Where ya gunna put your new sofa?

No, I never have.

Personaly I think hate microfiber. Crap most of it.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I'll second that. My good friends have a microfiber sofa set they keep hinting that they want me to clean. I keep hinting that I hate microfiber.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I think I would let it dry than inject with a fabric adhesive . Just enought to get it to stick dont over do it. How big is the bubble.

Rex Tyus

Microfiber is pretty durable as long as you don't do something ignorant.....like use a strong solvent on it. :shock:

Sorry :( I couldn't resist. :twisted:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Don't use solvent on a flocked material.

You should of known better.

No all micro-fibers are flocked. But, the ones that are will fall apart with a little solvent.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have dumpped copious amounts of whatever on microfiber with no issues, it generally cleans very well for me, the problems I have had with it is when someone spilled a drink or a volume of liquid on it. this sofa wasn't flocked, it just had like a very thin mesh back almost like a miniture very thin carpet backing. I think the problem was the prosolve gel, that stuff seems to have a lot more power than the POG I had been using.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Is it flocked. This would mean fiber loss of material. Or does it consist of 2 layers bonded. What one is it. If it is a flocked piece of goods ,we know the outcome. The way you describe it is 2 layers of materials that seperated.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The problem was not the microfiber. The problem is the way the fibers were attached - using adhesive rather than woven.

I have no numbers from the industry, but from my experience, about 10% of microfiber is this flocked style. The backing will come loose with almost any solvent.

You will need to learn the different styles of microfiber or you may be buying some new furniture.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom