Ever seen anything like this?

FredC

Village Idiot
Go ahead. I've been around as long as them.
ah...the "I'm an old carpet vet and it hasn't happened to me so it doesn't happen" logic

Well just for everyone else that might get pulled into court one day both the manufacturers of seaming irons and the CRI 104 Standard say that the iron should be ran in the direction of the pile.

Clark Kent

Name
Clark Kent
ah...the "I'm an old carpet vet and it hasn't happened to me so it doesn't happen" logic

Well just for everyone else that might get pulled into court one day both the manufacturers of seaming irons and the CRI 104 Standard say that the iron should be ran in the direction of the pile.
Have you ever patched a carpet before? Think N.S.W.E.
Understand now?

Clark Kent

Name
Clark Kent
Yes. Yes I have.

That doesn't change anything.
Of course it does. But think what you want and do as you please. I've seamed thousands of feet both in the direction and against the nap and never had an issue. Serious question...Why are you having an issue with that? Perhaps you haven't learned things the way I did.???
No matter. I know what I'm doing.

FredC

Village Idiot
Of course it does. But think what you want and do as you please. I've seamed thousands of feet both in the direction and against the nap and never had an issue. Serious question...Why are you having an issue with that? Perhaps you haven't learned things the way I did.???
No matter. I know what I'm doing.

I'm not really having an issue with that. That is your limited experience. I know, I know.......thousands of feet :icon_rolleyes:

but no matter your experience tool manufacturers, carpet manufacturers, and the recognized installation standard state that the iron should be ran in the direction of the pile.

and

• Metal trays and other weights constructed of plastic, glass, marble, etc. prevent residual heat and moisture of freshly made seams from escaping. Trapped heat can cause carpet tufts to lose their pre-set twist and trapped moisture can cause tuffs to swell, resulting in discoloration and pile reversal.

Why do you suppose they say that?

Reactions: Cleanworks

Clark Kent

Name
Clark Kent
I'm not really having an issue with that. That is your limited experience. I know, I know.......thousands of feet :icon_rolleyes:

but no matter your experience tool manufacturers, carpet manufacturers, and the recognized installation standard state that the iron should be ran in the direction of the pile.

and

• Metal trays and other weights constructed of plastic, glass, marble, etc. prevent residual heat and moisture of freshly made seams from escaping. Trapped heat can cause carpet tufts to lose their pre-set twist and trapped moisture can cause tuffs to swell, resulting in discoloration and pile reversal.

Why do you suppose they say that?
CLEARLY you have not been around as long as I and haven't proven things to yourself. Instead of reciting your owner's manual, or following the follower, prove things to yourself instead.

And for the record I never said not to seam with the direction of the nap. I simply stateed that it was nonsense that you HAD TO and I never had an issue. Are you calling me a liar?

And I will agree with you that it is not recommended to suffocate the seam. In fact, if you go back to my original first reply, ou will see that I said that in regards to the OP's initial concern.

FredC

Village Idiot
CLEARLY you have not been around as long as I and haven't proven things to yourself. Instead of reciting your owner's manual, or following the follower, prove things to yourself instead.

:icon_rolleyes:

I just see no reason to add anecdotes to this.

The manufacturer of seaming irons says it can happen and the carpet manufacturers say it can happen. Somehow I don't think "but Richard in Sarasota says it is non-sense" will hold up well.

You do what you want.

Maybe "think deeper" about the op...sorry I distracted you

Clark Kent

Name
Clark Kent
:icon_rolleyes:

I just see no reason to add anecdotes to this.

The manufacturer of seaming irons says it can happen and the carpet manufacturers say it can happen. Somehow I don't think "but Richard in Sarasota says it is non-sense" will hold up well.

You do what you want.

Maybe "think deeper" about the op...sorry I distracted you
No distractions here. Carry on as if you were normal.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Clark, you need to back off. Just give Fred a few. He’ll win this argument. We’ve all tried and failed.

Reactions: steve_64

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Not yet....

The customer really felt that our cleaning caused the problem and I felt strongly that it didn't. To come to a resolution, I agreed to pay for an independent carpet inspector to give his opinion on the issue. I also said I would replace the carpet if the inspection proved that we created the issue. To avoid any claims of bias, I told the customer to contact whomever they wanted as long as they were a certified inspector and I would reimburse them once it was done. The inspection was done on April 26th by an inspector we have used in our retail division in the past. So far, I haven't heard a thing and I am guessing that he determined that it wasn't our fault.

I'll reach out to the inspector now though to see if he will give me the skinny.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not yet....

The customer really felt that our cleaning caused the problem and I felt strongly that it didn't. To come to a resolution, I agreed to pay for an independent carpet inspector to give his opinion on the issue. I also said I would replace the carpet if the inspection proved that we created the issue. To avoid any claims of bias, I told the customer to contact whomever they wanted as long as they were a certified inspector and I would reimburse them once it was done. The inspection was done on April 26th by an inspector we have used in our retail division in the past. So far, I haven't heard a thing and I am guessing that he determined that it wasn't our fault.

I'll reach out to the inspector now though to see if he will give me the skinny.
Good thing we have carpet inspectors in this trade.

• Haha
Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom