Everest EFI carb conversion

Braeden

Name
Braeden
Hi I’m new to the the forum but looking for someone that possibly has done what I’m wanting to do with my truck mount. I have a Prochem Everest EFI with the a15 Nissan engine, I am on my 3rd throttlebody and ECU and now this one is going out again, I’m fed up with it and wanting to do a carburetor conversion on it, I was told that if I went aftermarket and put a 2 barrel Weber on it that I would not need a governor and could just run a aircraft style throttle cable for the speed control. Has anyone put a Weber Carburetor and done this kind of conversion on their Nissan Everest or older performer machines with the same engine? Is there anything I’m overlooking in wanting to do this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Can you just get a governor? If not from a truckmount, other machinery, like a combine or generator set.

The A15 manifold is already ported for a 2bbl carb, and original copy Nissan 2bbl carbs are available. I've got one.

A governor, although nice, is not absolutely needed.

Name
Lee Stockwell
A tachometer will help, even a $50 tiny-tach.

Instead of the stock (1940's tractor style) notched throttle control get a twist lock throttle cable to allow fine-tuning to suit your needs.

Braeden

Name
Braeden
So if I was to run a 2 barrel Weber with a twist lock style throttle cable and a small tachometer I’d be set and just fine tune for when the machine goes under load so I could know exactly what rpm to set for in comparison to the idle, low, medium and high settings that I have now. Does anyone know the stock rpm for those settings on my machine?

Braeden

Name
Braeden
What should I do with the existing efi wiring harness? Will my waste tank shut of switches still work with the harnes unplugged from the ECU and throttlebody? Is there anything else I should be aware of before doing this swap? I was going to get a 32/36 Weber carb kit from redline that is for the a15 Nissan engine

valleycarpet

Braeden, I also have a ProChem Everest EFI and have had the same issues with having to replace ECU and Wiring Harness only to have them go bad again within a short period of time. I am also interested in simplifying my system by doing a carburetor conversion, but would like to talk to someone who has already gone through this process to see if it resolved their issues and get advice on how to go about doing this. I would love to talk to you on the phone if you are open to that. I am based in the Salem area, but would be willing to meet you in your area if you have time to talk to me. Thanks so much.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom