Exactamate & restoration tear off of plywood ceiling

Jason

Hey y'all,

I'm having some negotiations with an insurance agent who tells me that she doesn't want to pay my bill, that it's too high. One thing is some wet ceiling in a basement, tearing it out, using the skillsaws to cut it out properly. The agent says this is only worth .31/ sqft, the same as carpet tear out that you can do with a screwdriver and a knife.

Does anybody know how to describe this in exactamate terms? the tear off of the ceiling, and also then the OSB-board which was also torn off--the basement walls torn down to the studs.

Agent is also telling me that they don't want to pay on jobs that take more than 3 days, when this one took 7 to dry as it had been flooded constantly for an indefinite time--3 or 4 days flowing into the wood. It's dry when it's dry. She told me to get more air movers, and didn't tell me it would be for free. I think she might be really giving it to me--thinking I'm a rookie. This is my biggest flood to date.

Anything you guys can say that would help I'd be glad to consider, if anyone has a figure on that tear off, and how to describe it.

I'm going to see the owner of the house in the morning--the bank president that had foreclosed on the house, vacant at the time of the flood.
:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom