Excelllent Supply is offline this morning

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Just a quick note to let you know that Excellent-Supply.com is not out of business. Our hosting company HOSTING.com is under attack again.

Hosting.com is one of the largest hosting providers in the country. Well as such, I guess they have a big bulls-eye painted on their back. Because this is the second time in a week that they have come under attack.

Last Friday our site went down. After a few hours, Hosting.com made an announcement that they had been under attack of "Malicious Traffic". That's where an overwhelming load of traffic is targeted at specific servers with the intent to overload their system.

By the end of the day, last Friday, Hosting.com assured all their customers that they had isolated the problem and had hopefully eliminated it.

But here we are again, less than a week later, and it looks like they're under attack again. So we will be moving our website to a new hosting company as quickly as possible.

In the meantime we will be available as normal at 1-800-330-1888. Please don't hesitate to give us a call. And I apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing by not being able to reach the website.

A

amazingcleansc

This is an outrage! if I order today can i get a discount? :mrgreen:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
amazingcleansc said:
This is an outrage! if I order today can i get a discount? :mrgreen:

Hey - that's a cool idea. Let's have some fun with this.

Call in any order today while our site is down... Make reference to Hosting.com... And we'll take an additional 10% off your order!

:D

A

amazingcleansc

Is that in addition to my normal 20% your guys give me?? wait they told me not to tell you :wink:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Well guys and gals - it looks like we've had some more problems with our present (but not for long) web host provider.

We had been using HostMySite.com for the past couple of years to host all of our websites. We had purchased a robust package that could serve all of our data needs. And HostMySite was incredible. Perfect uptime, and incredible customer support. Everyone loved HostMySite!

But HostMySite was sold a few months ago to a larger company called HOSTING.COM. Now the story changes. Customer support is not at the same level. And last week their servers came under attack. This resulted in our website being offline for a few hours. And again, late last night / early this morning - we experienced another major service interruption for no apparent reason, other than the fact that Hosting.com appears to be unable to maintain their system and keep things running smoothly. It's unfortunate when a good company gets bought out and becomes just another lackluster service provider.

Well we've just purchased a dedicated server package with another hosting company. The new hosting package is huge (much more than our present needs require). So we will be upgrading the system to a considerable degree in the next few days. Even though the new dedicated server will be overkill for our needs, I like the piece of mind that comes from having a surplus of data and power for our websites.

I want to apologize for the inconvenience of the site being down this morning. The site is back up and running on HOSTING.COM - but I don't have a lot of confidence in their recent track record. Hopefully it will remain up for another day or two. That's all it will take for the new hosting company to be set up and for the domains to be propagated over to the new servers. There may be a slight delay as things are moved over, but we'll have the elves working through the night during "off peak" hours, so there should be little to know down time. And by next week we will be running on a massively upgraded server with a well regarded hosting company. Things should then be faster and better than ever! :D

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
We were planning to go with Hostgator, but I've gotta say they're off to a poor start. After a couple of days of waiting for them to get things set up, they still hadn't provisioned a server for us. So I called them to see what was going on, and they were in a total fog. After a long time on hold they came back and said that it had now been resolved. The next thing I knew, they'd set up the wrong server package for us. This level of dumbness gives me an uneasy feeling if this is how the service is at the start. Needless to say, I'm still looking for a better alternative. Anyone have a favorite web hosting company?

Name
Bruce
I use www.Branzone.com , been with them for about 5 years and have never had a problem with them. They always answers support tickets fast and with detail. I know my website is not as demanding as yours but I do know that they have the ability to handle very large sites. Give them a call and see what they can do for you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom