Exhaust fan

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Here's another question.The truck I'm getting does not have air conditioning in it.
The Machine is a CDS so it won't get as hot as a slide in, but I can imagine that it will still get pretty toasty in my truck in the summer.I don't want to drive for a couple of miles and be drenched in sweat.
In addition to that I will have a fair amount of chemicals in the vehicle too. I don't want to inhale stuff that is going to be harmful in the long run.
I do want to use green products but still, it might be a good idea to vent any fumes to the outside.
Would it be a good idea to get an exhaust fan installed in the roof? Are there different types on the market and how much do they cost? Will I still be able to drive through a carwash with one of those on the roof?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I had a fan on the roof of my van right above the machine..........

not only did it help get rid of the heat but it also helped with the smell and the chemicals..................

You also asked about the lettering on your van..I am sure that some do this but we were told not to take the van threw a car wash but to hand wash it only............never the less if the fan is installed right it wont hurt it...........

I think I paid about $80. 00 for mine....and i wired it directly to the key switch on the CDS

blaisesdaddy

I bought mine directly from American Van. I think it cost about $60 or so. It took me about 90 minutes to install start to finish. Makes a huge difference.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hey Bob,
I love that vent from West Marine.I'm going to buy that.Solar.I had not even though of that and the fact that it is from a marine supply place.If they say it is watertight when closed it probably is.
Thanks
Roxy

FastEddie

I have one of those SS solar marine fans. It works great exhausting the interior 24/7. I also have a high perf 12V radiator fan bolted onto my TM and it kicks major ass exhausting hot air out of the interior. My heat build up is a distant memory and there are never any odors, even immediately after a job. High air flow for a TM is the ticket.

GRHeacock

That solar one looks like a good idea.

I installed an RV type myself, within the first week I had the van and machine. It cost about $50.00, took about an hour to install.

Worked great, summer and winter.

I put the switch for the fan by the rear door, where it was most convenient for me.

I only turned the fan on when the van was sitting still, machine working. The rest of the time, the vent was open, but fan not running.

Water tight during rain, and I ran through the car wash many times, never had a leak.

Until I backed into my garage with the vent door up, and cracked it.

Then patched it, water tight again, but stuck open 1 inch.

Gary

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I might not need an additional fan on the machine.The one I'm getting is a Hydramaster CDS so since there is no motor it is probably not going to generate as much heat, is that right?

John Watson

Roxy, You are correct in saying there is not a lot of heat build up. If there is just wrap the Heat exchangers if they aren't already.

Helen and I are spoiled we are already using our AC after jobs to help us cool down. To heck with the truck. I do not think I will ever own another cleaning rig without AIR.. See you on Tuesday..

Back
Top Bottom