Experienced Sprinter owners- What flooring did you put?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sprinter owners,
What kind of flooring if at all did you use. Carpeted hardwood, plastic lining....?

Did you even find it necessary to put anything on the floor. As the sprinter floor is quite different than the regular van.

Trying to avoid mistakes.
Your advise from experience is highly appreciated.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
why not put rhino lining on it?? that should work for any application. I don't see the point in putting carpet on the floor of any cleaning vehicle because it gets wet and stinky after a while.

Walt

Marine grade plywood covered with marine grade carpet.

Jim Nape did it. Very nice job looks great after 2 years. Cleans nicely.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Walt,
Thank you.
A few questions:
Did you put it on top of the floor board that comes with the Sprinter?

Did it cover all the hook up/anchor rings that are on the floor?

Do you think it is necessary? What actual protection does it give? (is it rusting? If I understand correctly, the sprinter's floor are actually coated and should be protected.)

Also what did you do with the walls?
Thanks

Walt

kolfer1 said:
Walt,
Thank you.
A few questions:
Did you put it on top of the floor board that comes with the Sprinter?

Did it cover all the hook up/anchor rings that are on the floor?

Do you think it is necessary? What actual protection does it give? (is it rusting? If I understand correctly, the sprinter's floor are actually coated and should be protected.)

Also what did you do with the walls?
Thanks

The floor that came with the sprinter van was removed. Then they rino lined the bed, wheel well and walls (up a few inches). Then the marine grade ply was installed. The walls were insulated with a very dense rubber like foam pad. Walls are pvc sheeting covered in matching carpet. Ceiling has same pvc plastic but grey instead of blue carpet. They also wired for lighting and installed that. Built a frame for the drawers. No rust. They used ss screws and bolts on everything.

Honestly, the guys a PowerClean did an outstanding job. If you want pictures let me know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom