Explain this....

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I went to check on a resturant I cleaned a couple weeks ago tonight for dinner. I was quite surprised. I cleaned with the O2 + hot sauce / O2 rinse. the traffic areas appeared to still have heavy greese. After seeing it tonight it looks great no greese lanes. Since this was my first one I thought I would have to come back and re clean it, I even told the owner that. I even thought he called in another clean to clean after me. So I asked him if he had it recleaned. He said no, told me to schedule every quater. My question? What happened? Can greese lanes just disapear over night? Strange! Any body ever seen this happen.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
same thing happened to me at dennys. exact thing. i was confused. i used grease eater mixed with hot sauce, or was it powerburst miekd with hotsauce? i dunno. I was real pissed. im curious as well

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I thought the same thing, when I walked in a saw the carpet and said, man he had some body clean after me, I wish he just would have told me, I would have recleaned with some thing different. So I asked him when we left, So vick did you have another cleaner do a reclean. He looked at me like I was crazy and said no. So I just went with it and said so I just book you on a quaterly schedule. He said great and tipped his chefs cap. !gotcha! I would love some of the more chemically knowledgable to explain. Maybe some one from Judson's!!! Was it the oxygen? Fill me in I want to uderstand what happended!! :mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm curious, did you loo at the next day after it was dry?
or was tonight the first time you saw it dry?

some carpets can look very different when still damp or partially dry on the outsides and still damp in the traffic lanes

..L.T.A.

Bob Foster

I agree with Larry. I've had the same thing happen to me. Felt discouraged when I left that night but went back the next day to see the carpets look great.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Well, bob you and larry are right, I should have went back the next day. I did not. I was really bummed so I waited four weeks Ivebeensold . There is a lot I have learned about this job. I'm not very confident about every thing yet. Especially the chemicals and which to use where. One more question, what would I get out of the finish look if I used some thing like boost all or similar product?

If I'm not mistaken, Boost All is basically the same as the Hot Sauce. I find the Hot Sauce disolves better than Boost All.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the better the lighting the better the traffic lanes will look. at night the traffic lanes will look worse then in the day.

gene

-JB-

Name
JB
Four weeks is a lifetime in some restaurants, don't beat yourself up over it, it was a learning experience, move on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember when I was starting out, I approached a local "choke n puke" and ask for the owner, carpets were like shinning black linoleum. He comes out from the back I assured him I could make them look nice again, says he cleaned the every 3 weeks! :roll: (turned out to be once every six months ... or so!) And only pays $180! (turned out to be $240 or more usually... I later cleaned for several of his hostesses/waitresses)

Like a schmuck, I went our busted my bum cleaning them one night, two men three hours, looks mint. Go in the next day (yes the carpets still looked good) , he hands me the cash, and says.. "sorry man but my regular guy (found out later he doesn't have one, uses a new lo-baller every time!) does a MUCH better job."

So I told him keep his money, I'll be back next week and hit it again.

Next week same deal, two men three hours, looked mint... again (yes even after it dried) waited a few days this time to check on it, as I was starting to get the feeling, I was getting hosed, I was. The second time though, I decide it might be prudent to measure the area to know WHAT I was doing it for..... .05 a square foot, TWO TIMES!, so .025 a sq ft total!

Yeah, you guessed it, his "other guy" did a better job still.. I took the money anyway that time... burn me once shame on you ... burn me twice shame on me!

good learning experience, I found out real fast what type of work I didn't want to do.... restaurants!

The best part..

Seven years later, he has his hostess that I was friends with call me like , at seven at night, I'm out chilling with a beer and playing with my kids in the pool, wants us to come, THAT NIGHT, :roll: .

I told her of "our history", she assured me that, he would pay CASH, in ANY amount, just needed it done tonight, as he was having a big "Grand re-opening" after his remodeling, BS!

He was actually closed by the health dept, for health violations, NOTHING was remodeled, ever!

I told her I'd need to think about it for a bit and call her back. So I grabbed another beer, jumped back in the pool....

called her an hour or so later and oh so politely told he to tell her boss to pack dirt! :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom