Explain why you use ? Pressure.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Why do you run you TM at 300 psi or 600 psi. What variables do you consider and benefits. IYHO. What do the gain with high psi v/s low. there are pros and cons to both. just would like to know wht you vets have to say.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Re: Explain why you use ? Pressue.

pressure vs flow. there is alot of differance.. i would rather have higher flow than higher pressure. . pressure pushes to much moisture into the pad. you only need enough to rinse the fiber.. and enough flow to rinse out the soil effeciently.

you will find that on some fibers you will get distortion of the fiber by using to high of pressure.. this is a no no.. miss piff willl be pissed that you damaged her carpet and now looks like corn rows.. haha

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

rstrick said:
Why do you run you TM at 300 psi or 600 psi. What variables do you consider and benefits. IYHO. What do the gain with high psi v/s low. there are pros and cons to both. just would like to know wht you vets have to say.

it depends on your wand and what it's hooked to, more than anything.
wanding style enters into the equation as well

There will be a "sweet spot" of flow and psi for your system and style .
Too much flow and PSI and you're wasting water and/or over wetting.
Not enough and you're not flushing as well and/or it takes longer to clean

experimentation and evaluation is the best (only?) way to know where the balance point is for a system .
BTW, that balance point can change with different type carpets too.
as Lee and Scott alluded to, if you're getting jet pile distortion on some cut piles, your PSI is too high.
where it may be perfectly fine on a loop pile

..L.T.A.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

C&S said:
pressure pushes to much moisture into the pad.

Maybe you need a different wand? :roll:

I use 20 flow on my 14" greenhorn and my pressure is set usually around 550psi... I definitely don't "push" moisture into the pad...

Name
Lee Stockwell

Lots of variables. Jet angle (shear) allows higher pressure. High production needs are sometimes helped by higher pressure. I often hit 800, but 650 is my sweet spot with a 9 flow and 2" wand.

Name
Ron lippold

24 flow at 650 psi great flushing clean and dry carpets. Most dry times unde 1 hr.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Lee Stockwell said:
Jet angle (shear) allows higher pressure. .

That's what I was suggesting with him needing a different wand... get one with angled jets.

Bucey

Name
FFA?

ok here is your system? really mine but for my education purpose.

Wand
1.5 wand
two jet
4 flow

Boxxer 421

1.5 whip X 8' 2'' hose to the TM

ok I know there are more quality wands its what I have for now. no need in point and laugh session at my stick. Ill up grade later. have to build the biz first then buy more toys.

lets just say we are working on cut pile nylon. nothing special.

Name
Lee Stockwell

Likely an AW29 clone the (sad) industry "entry level" standard.

The single best thing you can buy next is a better wand. Better cleaning, better on your back, and much better control of overwetting.

In the meantime avoid PSI much over 400.

Ryan

Keep it around 350psi with that wand.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

rstrick said:

Wand
1.5 wand
two jet
4 flow

Boxxer 421

ok I know there are more quality wands its what I have for now. no need in point and laugh session at my stick. Ill up grade later. have to build the biz first then buy more toys.

Not laughing at you at all...

If I were you I would get rid of the whip right away. As soon as you can get at least a 50' 2,5" hose and run 2" all the way to your wand. Next -when you can afford it- get a nice wand for 500-600 bucks you can have a nice 2" wand with angled jets.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

rstrick said:

Wand
1.5 wand
two jet
4 flow

Boxxer 421

if it's an AW29 wand, there's not a darn thing wrong with that wand.
It's actually a very good cleaning wand..light, nible and easy to throw around.
and don't let the board deJour designer wand users tell you any different ...cause they don't know squat if they say otherwise

It does have some limitations that can get you in trouble though.
It will over wet the backing at high PSI and it's not a "forever" wand..meaning it won't last 20-30+ years like a Prochem wand

I'd recommend you dump the 1.5 whip...they make cuffs for 2" hose and 1.5" wands.
Use the 1.5" whip for upl cleaning

Bump up the wand jetting to 06 flow.
You don't need anymore with that wand.
(fire hose flow is another board deJour phenomenon started by a salesman .... who never cleaned very many carpets to begin with)
"some" increased flow is better, but a lot of guys have went off the deep end IMO.
There IS a point of diminishing returns where you're just wasting tons more water for very little gain.

06 flow is a good spot for your wand.
keep the psi 350 and under ..that's where the AW29 shines best.
anymore psi than that, and you're injecting the backing with water.

When we ran AW29's, we had two .
One with 04 jetting for quick dry times on light soiled res and the 06 for heavy soil and empties .
for $200 to $250 you can have another AW29 and do the same .
You "should" have a back up wand on your van anyway.

Cover the vac port on the TM and set the vac relief valve on your Boxer to 14hg.
Keep your bower filters clean.

take two empty apts and call me in the morning....

Dr meAt

..L.T.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
[quote="C&S":3fvgg395] pressure pushes to much moisture into the pad.

Maybe you need a different wand? :roll:

I use 20 flow on my 14" greenhorn and my pressure is set usually around 550psi... I definitely don't "push" moisture into the pad...[/quote:3fvgg395]

i ment that to much pressure pushes water threw the carpet into the pad. along with the dirt your trying to remove. im not an idiot.. i run my psi about 350 on my 4 jet, west pac.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Larry the recent chinese clones of the AW29 seem to be poor imitations. I have a bunch of old ones worn to the bone. Some more recent ones are crap....other than being "pretty".

My favorite is a ten year old PMF 2" three jet. Nine flow. Ed modified it for me to improve air flow between the head and tube. It cleans circles around the little 29's.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

meAt said:
if it's an AW29 wand, there's not a darn thing wrong with that wand.
It's actually a very good cleaning wand..light, nible and easy to throw around.
and don't let the board deJour designer wand users tell you any different ...cause they don't know squat if they say otherwise

I have used that wand for years and I can absolutely tell the difference between that an a greenhorn!!

Bump up the wand jetting to 06 flow.
You don't need anymore with that wand.
(fire hose flow is another board deJour phenomenon started by a salesman .... who never cleaned very many carpets to begin with)

Even before the board picked upon the higher flow I wanted more water to go thru the line to get a better rinsing action. I will always believe the higher flow is better.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Lee Stockwell said:
Larry the recent chinese clones of the AW29 seem to be poor imitations. I have a bunch of old ones worn to the bone. Some more recent ones are crap....other than being "pretty".

I s'pose that could be, Lee.
I haven't bought an AW29 in ten years or more

I know the stair tool I bought from an e-bay vendor a couple years ago is heavy duty and well made

you know, when we first got our Ti, we had to turn the psi up 100-150 to get the same cleaning results as our cheap AW29.
The AW29 is a very good cleaning wand at moderate (350 and below) psi

You know, I've heard guys rave about the cleaning ability of the Greenhorn stair tool.
i have one and agree it's a good cleaning tool.
But has anyone took a good look at the jets and head?
It's set up nearly identical to the AW29

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
I will always believe the higher flow is better.[/color]

Zee, i had 06 jets on my aw29 before I ever saw a CCing discussion board.
I bought my jets at the farm supply store 15 years ago.
hell, they sell jets up 08 flow..
I dropped the 1.5" whip 18 years ago.

I'm no stranger to playing with different jetting.
if fire hose flow works for you, great.
I say there's a point of diminishing returns for the water used.

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I might point out that pressure becomes a mute point when you add more jets.. you spread that pressure across a lot more jets and the actuel pressure at each jet is a lot less than the reading pressure at the truckmount. that is why you have to up the pressure on a TI, Greenhorn or other wand that has more than 1 or 2 jets. The same pressure on your smaller wands like the Aw29's would be a lot higher when compared per jet.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I used an AW29 for 14yrs, my orig from porty days. What the guys are saying, nothing over 350psi. Its a nice wand but it doesn't compare with the Greenhorn. This wand works fantastic with 15flow at 550-600psi off a 4.7 blower, 14"lift.

Also, what the guys are recommending will improve the AW29's performance, the 2" vac hose direct to the wand. Can get great dry times. A glide works nice on this wand as well.

steve r

Ron Lippold said:
24 flow at 650 psi great flushing clean and dry carpets. Most dry times unde 1 hr.

but you live in a dry climate.

drying anything around here is a chore.

6 flow with pump maxed at about 200 before triggered. drops to about 150 after its triggered.

Ryan

steve r said:
[quote="Ron Lippold":3osg7uxz]24 flow at 650 psi great flushing clean and dry carpets. Most dry times unde 1 hr.

but you live in a dry climate.

drying anything around here is a chore.

6 flow with pump maxed at about 200 before triggered. drops to about 150 after its triggered.[/quote:3osg7uxz]

:shock:

How long does it take you to clean 1000 sq foot of trashed carpet?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom