Explian this engine pros

Becker

Name
Becker
About 1000-1500 hours ago I dropped a new engine in my TM.

Right from the get go I was burning oil.

About every 3rd day I was adding a little oil.

All of a sudden about 400 hours ago the engine hardly burns a drop between 50-70 hour oil changes.

Becker

Name
Becker
that was my guess.

took a look freaking time.

1000 hours at 3100-3300 rpm.

Thats like 50-60,000 miles..

Hmmmm?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
high Rpm isnt conductive to ring seating due to the throw of the piston as it runs that fast. that is why the old cars before they were pretested and run like today had break in oil and they didnt want you to surpass 50mph for 500 miles. next time run for few hours with the oil that came in it for about 10hrs at 1500rpm (free running i guess cant clean carpet at that rpm) or buy a motor that is already broke in from the factory. is it cast iron block or aluminum with steel sleeves? who made it?

Becker

Name
Becker
The Oil in it?

Engines have to be shipped dry.

Honda.

It gets plenty of low rpm use..

HF spraying, etc..

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
OK, have no clue. did it come with break in oil? could have just been a fluke. Honda is a good engine. have seen lots run years trouble free. sorry don't have any idea what happened. runs good now why worry?

Becker

Name
Becker
BTW, this is the 3rd engine I've had in this TM.

1st 2 did not use oil until they had a lot of hours on them.

So you are right, I can't complain I have the oil use out of the way.. Smooth sailing now. LOL

Engines are shipped dry.

Now watch it explodes on me monday

The Wizard

Run your new engine with Synthetic Oil, now it's broken in and the rings have seated, and the Synthetic Oil will create a non wear environment in your engine.

Unbelievable, but true.

The Wizard.

Able 1

Name
Keith
My 25 horse burned oil for a while when it was new my suppliers mechanic said that it was "normal" I wasn't comfortable with that, but I've had no problems after that.

I watch it closely.

Were all three honda's?

Doesn't the motor come "broke in" there wasn't any thing in my owners manual about break in period.

I think they would have made a big deal about it if you would have to break it in yourself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom