Exposed my Zipper

Name
jack zerkie
Had a large clubhouse to clean 15 K. started with my roatry dri machine, this was okey but the head bumps over the uneven glue down and the power cord makes it harder. Then I tried the Zipper seems to glide better over the cpt. and no power cord. Using the Zipper is like learning to dance to the music and I have two left feet. I play the drums but can,t dance, but once you get a pattern, just keep going.The Zipper made it easy for open areas and quicker I like the end results, and hope to get better using it. jz.

Name
jack zerkie
The Zipper cleaned as good as the rotary dri machine and moved easy on CGD. I had some areas that were new concrete and not even and the Zipper cleaned better then the rotary.Both units were about the same for drying times. The roatry unit is harder going from side to side. The Zipper back and forth motion is easy,once you get a pattern.I think the roatry unit will be for sale very soon.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jack;

Nice report.

The Zipper is a machinist-built extractor head.

I tried it with good results, at the last Connections show.

Larry

John Watson

Waiting to hear from Ernie G and Stevie F about their sperences wid it.

My Helen has to wake me up nows and agens for almost fallen asleep dancing wid my Miss Wanda!!

Name
jack zerkie
Bob really can,t tell how much water I used garden hose to my Cobb 2045 unit, but the recovery tanks are 90 gals new roto mold tanks and emptyed them every hour.
I dont clean very many large jobs and didn,t get the auto pump out, just mite add it down the way.jz.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jack;

One additional positive factor to consider:

With the Zipper using that much water, the Heat Exchanger actually operates more efficiently.

It will maximize the total BTU's transferred to the carpet,

even though the actual temp will be less.

Larry

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Waiting to hear from Ernie G and Stevie F about their sperences wid it.

I did several jobs with the zipper yesterday

it is jetted @ 10 flow so I used about the same amount of water

it took a littler longer then using the glided Ti wand (edged with a wand first)

I overlap a lot and did a slower dry pass, because I have so much vacuum the zipper kicked my ass (all plush carpets), I think for the blower I have I might need a vacuum relief on the zipper

only used it on some bigger residential houses, no commercial yet but really not the big of a deal to work with in a house

doesn't fit under things or into some corners like the Ti wand will so will have to have an edging tool

carpet was drier to the touch then when the Ti wand is used

like the sight glass

not a bunch of steam all over the place

seems quality built

did some cut pile nylon today, easy to push and pull, the zipper sure does make the pile stand tall

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom