Extended vrs Standard Van

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I love my 03 GMC 3500 with doors on both sides but I"m working on my unit so much that I need to change it from a rear mount to the side. It's just too difficult to access the machine from the rear. I'm looking at a 04 Chevy 3500 extended for the extra room. My question is how much longer is the interior space. If the wheel base is 16" more will the interior be the same? Is 16" worth it?

dgargan

If you like your 03 why not change out the Tm that needs so much work? If you do change out the van I would go with an extended van. There's more room to carry a cimex or rotary machine. You can never have too much room, there's always something that can go in there.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
If you like your 03 why not change out the Tm that needs so much work?
I've thought about it but I have so much invested in this one with less than 1000hrs on it and I keep hoping I'll get ahead of it at somepoint. I could just keep the 03 and switch it to a side mount install. I carry a rotary, vacuum cleaner, T&G tools, and a lot of repair tools so spay is limited.
I don't have a GM extended van to measure so was wondering if the actual additional space is 16" longer.

TimP

Room means everything for a cleaner in a van.

I'd seriously listen to the advice about the new TM. Sometimes it's best to just cut your losses and get something reliable.

Having lots of problems with 1000 hours or less means something is very wrong.

I have 1025 on my CDS and all I've had to do is maintanance and change a blower belt, and a couple tank seals.

Mike Draper

Now I might be mistaken, but I measured a GMC 3500 extended a couple of months ago vs my non ext gmc and I believe it was exactly 20' long. It seemed however that there was alot more room inside. I like the extended van a lot more.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have a gmc 3500 extended and a 2500 non extended. The little bit of extra space makes a huge difference! It doesnt affect the milage much at all.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
donno about the Chevies, Shane

but there's appx 2ft more length in the Ford Exted

is it "worth it"?

I've had one standard size van, and 3 exted.
That little bit of extra room makes enough of a difference to "me" to make it worth it

..L.T.A.

Jimbo

Shane, my 06 Chevy extended is 20' 4"...including the bumpers

From the back of the front seat to the rear...including the bumper it is 12' 2"

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I agree tha tif your'e working on your unit too much you should think about replacing that instead of the van. If you're into having your reel on the side with the tm it would give more space regardless of size of van. An electric would be better since it would be a bit tight.

Albert

I would love to buy an extended van or box van but i do work in the city and most of the time it's on street parking with only enough room to get a regular sized van into the space between 2 other vehicles and still be able to open my rear doors.Often times i have to park half on the sidewalk and block part of the street.The stupidest thing that i've seen is a SS cleaner park on the opposite side of the street and run their hoses across a busy street to clean an apartment.

Greenie

:shock: Classic!

BUT BOSS...I don't care how you get those 2 rooms done, GET EM DONE!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'd have loved to had a picture of that one!

I'm with Greenie, an abrupt inattentive boss told them to: "Just get the job done however you have to and get to the next job; you're already late!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom