Exterior wall cap grouting

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
This is about 60 liner feet straignt line of a stone cap (see pic). It also circles to about a 15' radius and that's what I don't know how to do. It doesn't have grout in it now and needs groutig.

Don't know how to explain it other then to look at the question in the diagram.
The first picture has grout on it already, it's the only one I took.

Looking from top
DSCN0222edit.jpg

Can I put paint stir sticks on the edges to temporarily support the grout. Maybe thin pieces of balsa wood?. Will grout even hold on big gaps?. It only has to look good at eye level. The bottom part just has to hold the grout and not fall off.

diagram-of-wall.jpg

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I got a response on another forum that said to use duct tape.

What's the maximum width that a sanded grout covers?

Albert

Gary T

Got to Home Cheapo or Lowes and get some brick mortar mix. It is a different mix than grout and the sand particles are larger. Mix it a little dry and you can try the duct tape, it may or may not stick to the cement. You can also add a latex additive.

TimP

I believe sanded grout is ok to 1/2 inch joints. It says on the bag. Like above you may need to add more latex, but I'd check with a manufacturer first to make sure what you're wanting to do with their materials even a possible use for what you're doing. Colored sanded caulk could be a solution however I think it would be very costly for this application.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom