external pumpout cleaning

marco8us

Supportive Member
Hey guy's hoping you can help. Pumpout is not pumping and I think it is clogged. I have an external pumpout with my prochem Legend xl. First Truckmount and am hoping someone can help guide me through the cleaning this pumpout. Thanks for any help you can give.

TimP

Can't you drop those bad boys in some water and run em backwards......

Would make sense to be the easiest way to clean em. Also take note that I have no idea what I'm talking about!

marco8us

Supportive Member
This is prob. a stupid question but what is the procedure in getting to the check valves? Thanks for everyones help.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
You might want to take it apart and see if the impeller is still good. After a while of use the blades start to wear down and become useless.

marco8us

Supportive Member
I only have 100 hrs on this machine so the impellers shouldn't be worn. Do I need to take it all apart to get to the check valves?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If it's that new I would check to see if the float in the waste tank has any crud built up on it. The float could be stuck down so it always reads as an empty tank and never turns on. If that's clean check the fuse on top of the pump out and make sure that it's not tripped. If that's good and you can hear the pump out turning like it's trying to pump then you have a clog in the lines somewhere.

marco8us

Supportive Member
I just came in from the truck and the float is working correctly in the waste tank, pump turned on as I manually lifted it up. I then filled up with water and heard the pump. there is no blown fuse (checked it). So I guess it comes down to the check valve needed cleaned or clogged line. Iwill check the lines but still need to know about how to get to these check valves. Thanks for evryones time. much appreciated.

Name
Nate W.
marco8us said:
I just came in from the truck and the float is working correctly in the waste tank, pump turned on as I manually lifted it up. I then filled up with water and heard the pump. there is no blown fuse (checked it). So I guess it comes down to the check valve needed cleaned or clogged line. Iwill check the lines but still need to know about how to get to these check valves. Thanks for evryones time. much appreciated.

If it's the double tank with the lint screen in the middle and the pump on the other side.. I have the same one, sometimes there's a air lock in it.. Fill the pump out with water to engage the float to kick on, then shake the pump out and keep shaking it.. It should kick on for you.. I rarely have to do it.. but if you don't use it that much, you do have to shake a little..

That's only if you got the one I'm thinking about.. LMK if it works..

marco8us

Supportive Member
The tank I have is 1 60 gal. recovery tank with the pumpout on the outside mounted to the floor of my van. (external) Can these things get air locked. For some reason I am thinking the check valve is needed to be cleaned. I just don't know how to go about it.

marco8us

Supportive Member
unfortunately I do not have a fax #. I really appreciate your gesture though. Thank you though
The members on this board are great!

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If you have your manual there is a breakdown of the pump out in the back of it with all the other accessories. If you don't have a manual go to www.prochem.com and page down to the icon on the left that says service manuals click on it and download one.

R

R W

It helps to know what type APO you have. My Genesis has a Jabsco belt driven clutch pump, which will pump out a tank quick. It's main wear component is the nitrile impellor, which I've replaced 3 times in 3000 hours. It's a heavy duty pump, but it still needs primed to activate the flow and start the flow. It uses a prime line that is activated when the tank float turns on the pump.

Right now, mine has a small air leak at the main seal, which will reduce the flow against the vacuum. I sometimes have to go out to the van and pull the vacuum hose off for a second to get the flow started, and it will run on it's own after that. I just haven't had the down time to pull the pump apart to repair it.

Name
Nate W.
marco8us said:
The tank I have is 1 60 gal. recovery tank with the pumpout on the outside mounted to the floor of my van. (external) Can these things get air locked. For some reason I am thinking the check valve is needed to be cleaned. I just don't know how to go about it.

Disregard what I posted.. Not the same as mines.. Sorry

marco8us

Supportive Member
The pumpout that I have is From Jon-Don and is item # BL-TMO-EA. I have scheduled an appointment to go up to Jon-Don so they can Show me how to fix this prob. in case it occurs again. I was hoping to try to get this figured out so I can save myself 6 hrs of driving and gas. I still believe that it is the check valve. Thanks for everyones ideas and help.

This is a great board

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom