Extraction rinse prefrence

TimP

OK, I've got a bunch of carpet to do for some institutions CGD. I've ordered-some Powermax as my pre conditioner, I'm going to scrub and gravity flow it with my Cimex. However I don't know what I'm going to rinse it with. I feel I should have something with some kick to the rinse as in an emulsifier of some sort.

I'm thinking of trying Prolon from my Bridgepoint dealer. I have some point blue also, which I know does well and gives some kick for cleaning with heat. I'm thinking about re soil potential. I want something that will aid the cleaning with heat as I run about 230 ATM at 10 flow and not re soil at all and be cost effective. What does everyone use, I know everyone has different opinions but I want to see this decision from as many view points as I can as to make a decision. I really like the idea of a soap free rinse is why I'm thinking about Prolon. Thanks in advance

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Not much SOAP is used in our industry but we do use DETERGENTS.
I'd have a problem using a cimex and a shampoo tank to disperse prespray and scrub a carpet.

Wicking happens when you overly wet carpet.

Better to spray out your prespray with a multisprayer and then scrub.

The Preacher

if you want to try some Ultra Rinse i'll hook ya up with a sample!!! it's acid side.

850 562 3478

TimP

Walrus said:
Not much SOAP is used in our industry but we do use DETERGENTS.
I'd have a problem using a cimex and a shampoo tank to disperse prespray and scrub a carpet.

Wicking happens when you overly wet carpet.

Better to spray out your prespray with a multisprayer and then scrub.

You only put out 1 gallon per 300 ft when you clean with encapsulation using the cimex....same amount of moisture so I don't get what your saying about using the cimex to pre-condition. When I clean and use a sprayer I put out more like 1 gallon per 200 ft. Besides I have used this method a few times before and never had a problem with wicking or resoiling at all. And one of these places I visit every so often and it looks clean still every time I visit. If wicking is going to happen it will happen, you just have to go back and flush it if it does occur.

Rex Tyus

If you are gonna prescrub with that mex, it really won't matter too much what you rinse with. Point blue is a decent choice. Modern formulations of emulsifiers don't "resoil". Failure to DEsoil is a bigger concern. Wicking is caused by not cleaning thoroughly. The mex with powermaxx and greenhorn flushing will solve most of those issues.

gary mackay

I have a nasty grease pit restauraunt in the evening that is CGD olefin/nylon blend. I always pre-condition this one with a cimex,use less pre-spray than with my electric sprayer & it don't have to be hot anymore just First Step or Prekeleen no boost. Rinse it real well 100% hard water with fans following. Then encap it real quick with cimex to give it a uniform apperance. Since I have been doing it this way I have had no wicking issues & save 30 minutes on the process.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Rinse aids are just a big lie distributors use to get rich. Lets go burn down our supply chain in protest. :roll:

Mikey P

Administrator
Using a Cimex to pre scrub on a daily basis is a sure fire way to ruin your back.

Overkill is putting it mildly.

Again, use a WFPS and a 175 when needed. Half the time it is not.

Use lots of soft water to rinse and you can skip the rinse agent on all but the very nastiest of restaurants.

TimP

These places are medium to heavily soiled and probably impacted with dirt in the carpet. The cimex wont be unloaded and loaded everyday. So the back thing is a non issue. Besides I'll have a helper who could handle that. I don't have a water softener either. These jobs are based on high production so I'm not interested in any extra scrubbing or extra passes rinsing with the wand or as least as possible. I do know that an emulsifier does give kick. I haven't used any of these soap free products and that's what I was interested in feed back on. And an acid based emulsifier wont cut it. I've done some for them already but I used powerbreak and nuked the hell out of it and used my rx-20 and rinsed with endzone. It turned out well but production time was a nightmare with the rx and all the extra scrubbing. I guess I'll order another bucket or two of point blue since I know how it works.

Farenheit251

Since it is summertime and you live in a rural area I'm thinking these institutions have alot of kids and get cleaned once a year. Wouldn't think you can get all the dirt out for the time and money alotted. I'd run your best emuslsifier to get as cean as possible. $100 a day helpers become real cost effective on those jobs and I would utilize more than one. Have them prescrub and post pad or encap for the residue and wicking.

TimP

If I have to I'll post encap. I have a case of hot knife I just ordered in if it comes to it. So far I haven't had any wicking problems with what I've done though so it may be far and in between if necessary. Thanks guys for the help.

Greenie

Ok I'll ask, why wouldn't you just use some o2 rinse, it's neutral and has cleaning punch, will help dry faster and you won't have any issues at all. There will be no need for a post encap.

lance

O2 from Judson, Powr-powder from Hardball Chem., and Soap Free from Masterblend are all neutral rinse agents.

Clean It from Genie Care might have the kick you're looking for. It has been talked about before so do a search.

Matt King does a lot of commercial work and is very helpful. Get his advice.

Kevin

Cllean-it is a good one to use. Also a really good one is RAGE from Masterblend.

G

lance said:
O2 from Judson, Powr-powder from Hardball Chem., and Soap Free from Masterblend are all neutral rinse agents.

Clean It from Genie Care might have the kick you're looking for. It has been talked about before so do a search.

Matt King does a lot of commercial work and is very helpful. Get his advice.

Judsons works great...

TimP

The O2 rinse is ok for light to moderate soil. But it definitely has very little cleaning power. It does great for conditioning and softening and maybe brightening but does very little for cleaning ability.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Using a encap final step is just a excuse for poor extraction technique.

A needless and ultimately costly technique when the clock is ticking.

Kleenrite's PCX powder for a no foaming extraction cleaner rinse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom