extreme clean vs. grease eraser

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Any one using one or the other, or both? I have been using grease eraser for a while and it is great but it is expensive. Extreme clean is about 20% cheaper and you use 30% less per gallon. So it is a significant savings.

I would be interested in any input from everyone.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I have used them both. I use grease eraser on my reasturants and it seems to work better than the extreme clean. Extreme clean kicks but on olefin. I used jj yeterday on a couple jobs and was very impressed. I had a rental that I used it on with the modifier and the place came out great. I like to try different chemicals once in a while. I think stuff works different in parts of the country where the water is harder or softer?

extreme clean kicks A$$...I'd still use it if it was 20% more expensive....

R

rotovacguy

I've never tried the Grease Erasure stuff, but used to use Extreme Clean all the time on trashed out rentals.

When I ran out of it, I went to reorder some and found they not only increased the price, but DROPPED the size of the container. WTF?

So I ordered some stuff called "ZING" from Steambrite, since they said it was comparable to Extreme Clean. When the shipment arrived I compared the Zing to the little bit of Extreme Clean I had left, and they looked and smelled almost identical. When I put the Zing to the test, it took care of the nasty rentals just as easily. The price was substantially cheaper, plus the FREE shipping on case orders didn't hurt, either.

BTW....Plus the Zing stuff came filled all the way to the top. When they say 7 pounds, they MEAN 7 pounds. When I ordered Extreme Clean there was a lot of extra room in that jug.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I use Grease Eraser on just about every carpet except delicate wools. I almost never mix it in the Hydro-Force full strength as per the directions, normally 1/4 to 1/3 strength. I probably don't go through 3 35# pails a year to clean a thousand houses. The cost is minimal per job, can't be more than 50 cents.

tim

Use both, Extreme Clean on every trashed out carpet, grease eraser on greasy restaurants. Extreme Clean cant be beat for the combination of great clean, dissolves easily even in cold water, low low dilution, very cost effective!

Name
George Valliant
I'm a recovering Proschoice Extreme Clean junkie. I burned through about 500 lbs of that stuff last year. I tried Grease Eraser but the fragrance was too embarrasing so I had to toss it.

Now, I exlusively use . It smells outstanding, cleans fantastic, disolves excellent and the price is right.

Another cleaner gave me a sample of the Judson stuff which cleaned very well. Planning to order more next month to see how it fits my cleaning style.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Usually i wouldnt care much about cost but we go through about 100 pounds of grease eraser a month because we do mostly trashed apts. That being said though. I still wont skimp. If its not just as good as grease eraser then I wont switch. I am going to do some side by sides.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
rotovacguy said:
I've never tried the Grease Erasure stuff, but used to use Extreme Clean all the time on trashed out rentals.

When I ran out of it, I went to reorder some and found they not only increased the price, but DROPPED the size of the container. WTF?

So I ordered some stuff called "ZING" from Steambrite, since they said it was comparable to Extreme Clean. When the shipment arrived I compared the Zing to the little bit of Extreme Clean I had left, and they looked and smelled almost identical. When I put the Zing to the test, it took care of the nasty rentals just as easily. The price was substantially cheaper, plus the FREE shipping on case orders didn't hurt, either.

BTW....Plus the Zing stuff came filled all the way to the top. When they say 7 pounds, they MEAN 7 pounds. When I ordered Extreme Clean there was a lot of extra room in that jug.

Did you get the empty jug from Magic Wand?

R

rotovacguy

packfancjh said:
rotovacguy said:

Did you get the empty jug from Magic Wand?

LOL....no, can't say I did. But I did try some crap from magic wand a couple years ago, some garbage called "Magic Potion".

What a waste of money that was.

R

rotovacguy

packfancjh said:
Lately he's been known to send out half full jugs.

Yeah, that's ridiculous, especially for the price you pay.

I tried them once with that Magic Potion garbage, will never make that mistake again. Everything I use from Pro's Choice has been superb. Only reason I switched to the Shazaam (Steambrite) stuff was price driven. Pro's Choice dropped the size of the containers while increasing the price, I deemed it to be too costly for me, so I gambled by switching to the Shazaam (Steambrite) stuff, and am glad to say it works just as good, and saved me some money.

I've never tried the Grease Erasure stuff, but so far it sounds like good stuff from what others are saying.

I just stick with what works for me, for both chemicals/products, to distributors. I get all of my stuff from either John Olson (Superior) or Steambrite, never had any issues with either one, both have been great.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I like extreme clean have used both. Lately on my restraunts I spray with dirt chaser or another enzyme based product and let it dwell while I set up then closer to cleaning time I spray with extreme clean with a citrus boost added. I get awesome results

Brad_Smith

I've used both. Used 1 pail of grease eraser and tons of extreme clean. i thought grease eraser sucked. Extreme clean is a solid prespray though. I'm still looking for the cheapest, most powerful stuff for my nasty rentals as I do tons of them.

BillC

I have not tried Extreme Clean yet, but I've been using Grease Eraser on the worst trashed carpets including greasy chinese resturants. The carpets look like new when I leave, so I wouldn't say that Grease Eraser sucks. Maybe your doing something wrong!!

Back
Top Bottom