Eyewear- Rip off! Is there an equivalent in our indusry?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

steve_64

Its not just the eyeware cost but all the employees and building and insurances that need to be paid too. Then there is the return for adjustments and warranty claims and advertising..

Carpet cleaners are a rip off because they use a dollars worth of chemicals to clean your carpet but charge you hundreds of dollars to do it.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Its not just the eyeware cost but all the employees and building and insurances that need to be paid too. Then there is the return for adjustments and warranty claims and advertising..

Carpet cleaners are a rip off because they use a dollars worth of chemicals to clean your carpet but charge you hundreds of dollars to do it.
better smoke a little more Steve. Carpet cleaners bring equipment worth thousands of dollars to make that dollars worth of chemical do its job. Not to mention the years of training, oh, I see, you were talking about yourself.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Dedicated to Steve:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
better smoke a little more Steve. Carpet cleaners bring equipment worth thousands of dollars to make that dollars worth of chemical do its job. Not to mention the years of training, oh, I see, you were talking about yourself.
Exactly!! Steves only got a 3k dollar setup, so he probably ain't worth shit.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I buy my prescription eyeglasses online from www.Goggles4U.com
Ordering/sizing the glasses takes some patience because you need to the read instructions. but you can save hundreds of dollars per pair. I got 2 single vision pair with all the upgrades for less then $100 for the pair.

Reactions: Trip Moses

FredC

Village Idiot
I too buy Chinese eyewear.....from Zenni Optical

I lost my expensive glasses and decided I would just have a couple cheap pairs sitting around since I really don't wear them except riding at night

steve_64

I buy my prescription eyeglasses online from www.Goggles4U.com
Ordering/sizing the glasses takes some patience because you need to the read instructions. but you can save hundreds of dollars per pair. I got 2 single vision pair with all the upgrades for less then $100 for the pair.
Genny needs hers fitted to her face for the bifocal transitions. She goes in occasionally to have them straightened because I always bump them with my nose.

Customer service is part of the cost.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Speaking of setups. I don’t know if suck or I’m just stupid. But I have a $25,000 truckmount and a $2500 Vibe that supposedly accomplish the same goals.
Rotate em every other day like everyone says they do their shoes and it’ll average out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I got 2 single vision pair with all the upgrades for less then $100 for the pair.

way cheap
were they quick transition light wt lenses?

last pair I bought with all the upgrades available was $450
Script ANSI rated shooting glasses were $220 (also double as riding glasses)
couple cheap pairs to keep in the vehicles (clear poly w/scratch coat) $160 ea

I've needed/worn glasses since 4th grade ...hate 'em
Much prefer contacts and wear them

..L.T.A.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I asked the doc to make me some double-D’s. That’s where the bifocals are on the upper edge as well as the lower.
I need to look up, as well as be able to see my front sight clearly.
She says “Mr Hamilton, those aren’t how we normally make them, but it can be done.”
“Doc” I asked “what about me strikes you as normal?”
“Good point. They’ll be ready in a week.”

Reactions: Fat Mike

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom