Eyewear- Rip off! Is there an equivalent in our indusry?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
way cheap
were they quick transition light wt lenses?

last pair I bought with all the upgrades available was $450
Script ANSI rated shooting glasses were $220 (also double as riding glasses)
couple cheap pairs to keep in the vehicles (clear poly w/scratch coat) $160 ea

I've needed/worn glasses since 4th grade ...hate 'em
Much prefer contacts and wear them

..L.T.A.
Transitions and other protection also.
I think they come from thailand, but not sure.

my understanding is that all glasses marketed by different major firms are acturall made by one firm.
I could include the fact revelling youtube video if anyone is intersted.

Genny needs hers fitted to her face for the bifocal transitions. She goes in occasionally to have them straightened because I always bump them with my nose.

Customer service is part of the cost.

They include the contact info of a local fitter if needed, idk if that cost extra.
The instructions tell you how to do your own fitting. I gave myself better service then any full service firm.

Bifocals will cost more. My moms costs about $195, but paid over $400 at Costco.

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

Why do you have two?
The butler was going to replace the WM but my wife's work vehicle went into the shop so she started using the butler temporarily. Well she likes the van now so until we get another van she's driving the butler.

Thinking about getting a new van for the WM too. We have used both machines on jobs and we are growing pretty fast. Got 3 young guys training now who want to work. Looking like we might be pushing $200,000 this year. Even thinking of buying a new van and machine. Eyeballing a shop on a busy corner in town also but its too small so we would have to expand it.
We have a 2 year lease on our shop now so we have time but need to be ready to move when the time comes. Need to own something so we can make it permanent.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't know. If it is that's not much of a profit margin. I mean it is great if you do volume but not as much as you'd think.

I was told that the serious profit is with chemicals. And that the actual cost is about 25% of what we end up paying (after the various markups) the supplier. That is if we do not buy it on sales like client appreciation days etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom