Facebook Ads.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Still working on it. That last ad i did with pardon the shine... I managed to get 4 clients:biggrin:

Only cost me 50 bucks

I just use zip code where the well off people are at. I just targeted 35 yrs old to 75 yrs old range.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Pardon the shine.

1AC9B5C2-C68F-430C-B024-435C8C737D02.jpeg

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I only boost posts like these. I can spend $50 and book over $1000 every time. I only do it in the slow season. I choose 5 higher end zip codes age 26 and up.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Facebook is still a good vehicle for marketing but so many people are turned off from the ads. Boosting posts is still good but the content has to be relevant to your audience or it won't be served to many.

I agree with Sam, check out AdWords.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I like facebook, you just have to be creative.

Adwords is average $18/click here so I have a company manage it, they have cleaver key words and ways of programming the campaign to bring in traffic for much less.

Still facebook is a better bang for your buck imo. Some of the best results I have had were from boosting shower restoration before/afters... not so much carpet cleaning stuff

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like Facebook too but ever since the beginning of the year it's hard to spend money with them. $100.00 boosts get as high as $50.00-$60.00 and then they quit sending it. Relevance to your audience has really changed things.

Your content has to be able to engage them or they just won't send it. At least AdWords will spend all your money...plus. 😉

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The Facebook audience is the exact same as a TV audience. The commercials can't be plain, or repeat. I know because I started the ads on Facebook about 3-4 years ago and was getting all kinds of jobs from it back then with the humorous animal ads. But that got old real fast. I had to adapt to it. So I started doing the before/after ads. It brought in some jobs, but not as many jobs as the animal ads. It seems like they got tired of seeing the before/after ads faster. So I've just given up on Facebook altogether. And I can't afford a decent adwords so I'm mainly relying on my reminder cards.

I'm considering making a business ad on one of those big road screen signs over the main strip in my city. Its about $350/month.

Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The Facebook audience is the exact same as a TV audience. The commercials can't be plain, or repeat. I know because I started the ads on Facebook about 3-4 years ago and was getting all kinds of jobs from it back then with the humorous animal ads. But that got old real fast. I had to adapt to it. So I started doing the before/after ads. It brought in some jobs, but not as many jobs as the animal ads. It seems like they got tired of seeing the before/after ads faster. So I've just given up on Facebook altogether. And I can't afford a decent adwords so I'm mainly relying on my reminder cards.

I'm considering making a business ad on one of those big road screen signs over the main strip in my city. Its about $350/month.
Just park your truck on the side of the highway. It's about the same size as those billboards

Rug_Girl

Name
Alyssa Tillett
Don't boost posts in Facebook, Facebook changed their algorithm in August and you won't get good results doing that. Use Facebook Ads manager. Get very specific in how you target people. During our slow season, I targeted people who owned homes and lived within a certain zip code. I also had a specific age range. Facebook Ads work great if you spend a little time on them.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Now that Mike lives in a more rual area he’s finding out that FB ads don’t work as well. I’ve been telling people this for years. In major metro areas you can’t go wrong.
Google, google , google

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Here's what happens at the end of the identifiable Facebook phone calls I get usually spot-on:

"Sounds Great! Let me talk to my fiancee and see what he wants to do? Is it ok to call you tomorrow, and I'll have the answer..."
"I'm moving into my boyfriend's house and he wants the tile and grout cleaned and sealed...How much is it for 1000 square feet? $650 OK, we'll let me talk to him and if he wants to do that he'll get back to you!" LOL x 2
"How much?" Geez, I thought it was like $150 MAX... I usually answer: I ain't MAX... LOL

That's enough humor for now...I like to weed out people fast at this old age...

I had to edit this cause I got 1 more facebook call:

Hi, I saw you on facebook and was wondering what you charge for say just about 1000 square feet...I reply clean and seal $650...Ok...How long will that take you? I say, 1.5 hours set up to break down...He replies, my lawyer doesn't make $350+ an hour why do you think I should pay you! My reply: Can your lawyer get your tile and grout cleaned and sealed? Ya, you gotta point there! When can you do it? LOL

Reactions: Nomad74

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Hi, I saw you on facebook and was wondering what you charge for say just about 1000 square feet...I reply clean and seal $650...Ok...How long will that take you? I say, 1.5 hours set up to break down...

A thousand sqft of tile cleaning including set up/tear down in an hour and a half???

By yourself?

And sealed?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yeah, how does that work? I thought it needs to be thoroughly dried before sealer..

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
A thousand sqft of tile cleaning including set up/tear down in an hour and a half???

By yourself?

And sealed?
That's what I do! Is there something I'm missing? I have been doing it for 19 years over 10,000 Jobs...May I help you?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
That's what I do! Is there something I'm missing? I have been doing it for 19 years over 10,000 Jobs...May I help you?

Well....

15 minutes to set up truck/tools, talk w/client.
15 minutes to tear down and get paid.
5 - 10 minutes to pre spray

That leaves 50 minutes to scrub a thousand feet of grout lines, rinse it, and two coat of sealer?:headscratch:

Who knows maybe this was the perfect storm for easy jobs.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Well....

15 minutes to set up truck/tools, talk w/client.
15 minutes to tear down and get paid.
5 - 10 minutes to pre spray

That leaves 50 minutes to scrub a thousand feet of grout lines, rinse it, and two coat of sealer?:headscratch:

Who knows maybe this was the perfect storm for easy jobs.

Apparently, we all have a racket...LOL

Back
Top Bottom