Facebook, Myspace.. never twitter

Becker

Name
Becker
I closed them all.

Tired of hearing about the AM coil, or mafia gang.

Never have even logged on to twitter.

Twitting is something a duck does as it falls from the sky full of number 3 bird shot.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'm with you Beck, have friends on facebook but have never been on twitter. The whole thing seems stupid to me.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Actually I prefer Twitter over Facebook for exactly the reasons Becker stated. Twitter has none of the mafia BS, besides it is hard to say that much crap in 140 letters.
I am on Twitter mostly to follow cycling through Lance, Levi, Johann Bruyneel and others.
I also have a few of the better marketing people that I follow. You have complete control over what comes to you.

Becker said:
I closed them all.

Tired of hearing about the AM coil, or mafia gang.

Never have even logged on to twitter.

Twitting is something a duck does as it falls from the sky full of number 3 bird shot.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Frankly, twitter is inane & boring when you sign up little content building Face book is setup so that when you join you automatically build content social/ entertainment content more than just text messages the experience is more compelling. Sure much of it is games and junk but thats content many people like and that brings people back to their pages. I didn't believe Face book or twitter would be good for getting jobs Surprisingly i've done several jobs from face book i have another one in the works.

I think the numbers tell the story and drive the point twitter has about 1 million users facebook over 250 million and biggest the growth demographic for face book right now is over 35

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Randy,
I believe social media including both Facebook and Twitter can help book jobs. Facebook definitely has a huge audience but I think you are a little weak on your 1 million Twitter's. Lance Armstrong has 1.7 million folowers by himself.

There is no need to skip either one as the price is definitely right. Used properly they can be great tools to add to the marketing mix.

rhyde said:
Frankly, twitter is inane & boring when you sign up little content building Face book is setup so that when you join you automatically build content social/ entertainment content more than just text messages the experience is more compelling. Sure much of it is games and junk but thats content many people like and that brings people back to their pages. I didn't believe Face book or twitter would be good for getting jobs Surprisingly i've done several jobs from face book i have another one in the works.

I think the numbers tell the story and drive the point twitter has about 1 million users facebook over 250 million and biggest the growth demographic for face book right now is over 35

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom