Family pictures on your website?

Todd Anthony

I have seen a lot of Carpet Cleaning websites with the family picture on it. To me that seems like you are asking for sympathy. We may not be the cheapest but we have kids to feed. That is BS.

Todd Anthony

Red headed joey with a wand in his hand, ahhh isn't that cute? well daddy is going to take you straight to the bank. let's get real...Gosh this industry is messed up....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
For an O/O a family picture works great...if you're a little bigger then a professional family works great.

A family picture is not begging for work. It's showing the home owner that you respect their family, you do work for homes with families in them and that you too have a family. It's something they can relate to.

You may think it's cheesy or you may just not like it but remember....you area NOT your customer.
The happy housewife will see the family as safe and secure and will trust you to come into their home.
This works best if it is actually your family.
Here ya go
Priority About Us Page

If you have pets, they should be on their as well for the same reason. Just ad the fact that you are sensitive to their pet's needs.
If you are sincere in your advertising, people will know it.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I hate the family pic cheesy crap. It looks unprofessional to me. And it DOESN'T make me feel safer or think they have better values because the family never shows up at the door. I see it as trying to emotionally manipulate me. I'd much rather see something funny (the new Stanley Steemer ads) or that conveys competence, knowledge and reliability.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
I'm Rick James
Yeah its almost as bad as naming your company Mach 1 and not having a website and living in Idaho. But hey who am I to judge other people and their business like that.

http://www.nwGoGreenServices.com

My unprofessional website has a pic of my son in it, check it out. You can learn something about marketing Mach 1. You strike me as a cat who calls himself a president, his "employee" is his brother and the shop is your garage.

VVV

rhyde

Name
rhyde
WTF...diamond certified ?

"Pro Dry in 1998 so this is their 10th year" some one needs to update their web site

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
truckmount girl said:
I hate the family pic cheesy crap. It looks unprofessional to me. And it DOESN'T make me feel safer or think they have better values because the family never shows up at the door. I see it as trying to emotionally manipulate me. I'd much rather see something funny (the new Stanley Steemer ads) or that conveys competence, knowledge and reliability.

Take care,
Lisa

Yeah but you are a Carpet Cleaner so you don't count.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
If I wasn't a cleaner I'd be just another consumer and I steer clear of that kind of advertising from plumbers, electricians and appliance repair people as well. First thing first, either make me laugh or convicnce me you know more than the rest.

Take care,
Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes but because you area cleaner and have an intimate relationship with the Marketing of, makes your mind set just like the rest of us.
I think the typical home owner female will feel a connection with a family photo.

This isn't just me saying it, experts say the same thing.

I asked Jen about it and she said it gives her the warm fuzzies...my words.

Even Stanley Steemer is all about the family photos.
They are the expert of Carpet Cleaning Marketing like it or not.

[iframe:31cwfpub]http://www.stanleysteemer.com/Home.aspx[/iframe:31cwfpub]

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Are those pics THEIR family? No. It seems an attempt to manipulate when you use pics of your family.

I don't mean the guy above who uses a pic of his kid on his site. No one would know (unless they knew him personally) that that was his kid. The one's I'm referring to are the ones with wife and kids all piled on or in or in front of the van or their house.

Also despite what you and Yeadon may think the majority of women are NOT won over by a picture of a baby, kid or puppy. It is trite and dates back to the 50's and 60's when they felt such things were what made women tick.

Take care,
Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You're paranoid. Sounds like you've been hurt before and are on the look out for it everywhere.

I'm just telling you what works.

Todd Anthony

brent said:
Yeah its almost as bad as naming your company Mach 1 and not having a website and living in Idaho. But hey who am I to judge other people and their business like that.

http://www.nwGoGreenServices.com

My unprofessional website has a pic of my son in it, check it out. You can learn something about marketing Mach 1. You strike me as a cat who calls himself a president, his "employee" is his brother and the shop is your garage.

VVV

Hey Brent I think you got me wrong Buddy. I grew up in NY and lived in Denver, Seattle and now Idaho. I like Idaho the best so far. When I got my IICRC cert. it was 1992 at Steamway in Denver. You were probably still in eco friendly diapers.

You see, when I think about Go green in Seattle washington I would think that you would be driving around in a Prius loaded with a CRB machine, a bag of dry organic sponges and a Obama bumper sticker, but looking at your website I was wrong.

cute kid you have there by the way.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Brian R said:
You're paranoid. Sounds like you've been hurt before and are on the look out for it everywhere.

I'm just telling you what works.

?????? Hurt by what...babies? puppys? You sound rather misogynistic with a comment like that. But it's a good angle to try if you don't have anything better to offer in the way of argument.

Come on, if I want to market my services to men should I put a power drill and a football in it? Or maybe I should put a girl in a bikini? These are all stereotypes and trite. If you are looking for a plumber - are you going to call on the ad with the cleavage or the one that looks like it will do the best job? Tell me the one with cleavage wouldn't make you feel like they were being manipulative and unimaginative...and make you think they might not have technical strong points to back them up.

Take care,
Lisa

Bjorn

bergen002.jpg

b002.jpg

Bergen and Bjorn has always been part of my advertising

Bergen and Bjorn were quite active in the community as they would visit shut-ins and retirement homes
they have made quite a few people very happy over the years. Bergen is now retired and Bjorn passed away over a year ago ( 15 yrs old )

now we have Casey riding shot gun
caseycarride002.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you are marketing to men, you use the equipment unless you are marketing a party atmosphere then you use women. They don't spend millions on it because "it doesn't work".

By "hurt" I mean you have probably been scammed or manipulated and are very skeptical of any ads...no matter what. Or being that you are female (and I don't have problems with the opposite sex) and we are marketing to females you might feel as though WE are trying to manipulate all the women because that is our demographic.

Lisa Wrote
Come on, if I want to market my services to men should I put a power drill and a football in it?
YES!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Don't you have some dishes to wash.... :roll:

I bet your kitchen is FiLtHy... :shock:
Get your ArSe in there ...&...Clean that Kitchen...NOW... :!:

Ps ..."stay off the computer ...until your housework is DonE... :twisted:

BTW..."I am talking to you MaRy...."

Hi..!!!! Lisa .."I love you.." :wink:
Brian is a pretending to be a MaRkEtInG GueRu..."again"... :lol:

See Brian...I got the Job..because ..I made her LAUGH...!!!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Odin said:
bergen002.jpg

b002.jpg

Bergen and Bjorn has always been part of my advertising

Bergen and Bjorn were quite active in the community as they would visit shut-ins and retirement homes
they have made quite a few people very happy over the years. Bergen is now retired and Bjorn passed away over a year ago ( 15 yrs old )

now we have Casey riding shot gun
caseycarride002.jpg
damn odin is that deck safe? looks like its bout to collapse lol. maybe you should stain and water proof it

Name
I'm Rick James
Hey Brent I think you got me wrong Buddy. I grew up in NY and lived in Denver, Seattle and now Idaho. I like Idaho the best so far. When I got my IICRC cert. it was 1992 at Steamway in Denver. You were probably still in eco friendly diapers.

You see, when I think about Go green in Seattle washington I would think that you would be driving around in a Prius loaded with a CRB machine, a bag of dry organic sponges and a Obama bumper sticker, but looking at your website I was wrong.

cute kid you have there by the way

Im all for teaching old dogs new tricks and helping the elderly. What part of Idaho you from, I use to live there for about 10 years.

Name
I'm Rick James
Its safe to say that not all women are the same, but the vast majority that dig the family, kid thing are abundant. There will be a few like Lisa that look for other simulation in a carpet cleaning ad. I dont think there is one homerun ad that appeals to all people. But if I ask you about what SS commercial you remember how many of yous are going to say the dog rubbing his butt on the carpet. Gross but people are talking about it. Thats the point.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Don't you have some dishes to wash.... :roll:

I bet your kitchen is FiLtHy... :shock:
Get your ArSe in there ...&...Clean that Kitchen...NOW... :!:

Ps ..."stay off the computer ...until your housework is DonE... :twisted:

BTW..."I am talking to you MaRy...."

Hi..!!!! Lisa .."I love you.." :wink:
Brian is a pretending to be a MaRkEtInG GueRu..."again"... :lol:

See Brian...I got the Job..because ..I made her LAUGH...!!!

Harper, you're so predictable I'm sure everyone knew you were going to say you were talking to me. Either way it still showed how you "treat" women in this thread and the one with the youngins crawlin on you.
And of course how you talk about women in general. I'm sure Lisa is not impressed although she may side with you on this one because you just kissed her ass a little.
Sorry old man, got something else?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hell Harpo, you even try to insult me by calling me a woman's name.
You're such a fag.....not that their is anything wrong with that. :wink:

Edit: At least Mikey tries to insult me by calling me the name of a kid with Down Syndrome. :roll:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Hell Harpo, you even try to insult me by calling me a woman's name.
You're such a fag.....not that their is anything wrong with that. :wink:

Edit: At least Mikey tries to insult me by calling me the name of a kid with Down Syndrome. :roll:

I call you "MaRy"....because you sell CosMeTiCs...Mary Kay... :oops:

Maybe some "EyEliner"...Would hide the fact that your EYES are so CLOSE together... !dork!

You should definitely "Photo CHOP" your mug from your website photo... :idea:

Children are AFRAID of cLoWnS... :p

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Whatever makes you feel better.

That photo IS photoshopped....if you saw me in person you would puke. :D

I'll call you Harpo because you spout off like Harpo Marks and his little horn.
112.jpg

00162511.zoom.a.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom