Fathers Day

Mikey P

Administrator
I just got the call from my Dad, he beat me to the punch.

I'll be shocked if my brats call.

No brunch or neck ties, just a "Happy..."

How will the greeting card industry effect your day today?

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

I hope it's just a phase with my boys... ( 16 and 15 ) but the only one of my 3 kids I really enjoy at this point is my 11 year old daughter

They both sad happy Father's Day and that was it

I was bad with my dad back in my teens and twenties too tho

My mom had a surprise 50th birthday party for him back in 1986 and I blew it off and finally showed up around midnight at the function hall drunk with a girl I met that night

I think my dad understood, but mom was a bit annoyed :icon_twisted:

My Ozzie and Harriet parenting days are over... My kids have had it far too easy and it's our fault.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
15 and 16......your kidding......hold on to your butt because you haven't seen anything yet......

the only reason why my to oldest have made it this far is because prison scares me to much.......
there are days when you just want to give them a hug...and then there are days you want to squeeze until they stop breathing......

but in the end...I would not trade any of them..........( i tried no one wants them.)......

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I wish I could at least call my dad...but I can't since 2002 February

My 4 year old son already told me happy fathers day and he even handed over some gifts "he bought". My one and a half year old is just happy to run around the house and being goofy..

The 4 year old's greatest days are weekends when he knows I'll be home and I take them to the beach. He usually double checks Friday night to make sure I'll be home when he wakes up. And that's what its all about for me. Father's day as often as I can!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hold on to these times Zee, I have albums full of family vacations when they were real little

And I was their hero...

I know...I already kind of dread those day that will come with "that" age... I wasn't an easy teen either, for my parents.

Mikey P

Administrator
While here I am at the ripe old age of 48 with both kids grown and out of the house, I will openly admit that I wish both were under 5 right now.

I'd be a much better dad the 2nd go around.

While my kids are nowhere near ready or in desire of kids, I'm fully ready to be a grandpa.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
While here I am at the ripe old age of 48 with both kids grown and out of the house, I will openly admit that I wish both were under 5 right now.

I'd be a much better dad the 2nd go around.

While my kids are nowhere near ready or in desire of kids, I'm fully ready to be a grandpa.

That is I believe a hidden fear inside...that am I being a good dad? Because there will be no do over with any of the little personalities.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have been treated great. Dinner and a movie last night. Breakfast, cards and presents today. Grilling steaks later. All my kids are great and I am a lucky man!

Of course they have used my money to buy all the presents and to take me out last night, but great just the same. :biggrin:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Cleaned a funeral home this morning and had to help a cute girl bring a body in. My wife and 7 year old daughter took me out last night to the best bowl of jambalaya I have ever had. A little resteraunt in saratoga ny called hatties.Now is coors lite time.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Wife had to work, so the kid and I did what we could to entertain outselves, best part was we were asked out on a date for dinner. Very Nice!!!

My dad call, lol learned not to expect it many years ago.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Got up early (as usual) and did a bunch of office work before the wife and pups got up for the day.

Made a couple posts here....then called my father. Was going to try to go visit my parents and take them out for lunch, but then the phone rings from a desperate person who just sold their home and the water was coming in.

Headed out at 1 pm....got back to town at 6 pm,

Took all the family out to eat...including the grandson.....they offered to pay, but was more than they really should be paying....so it became a business meeting....LOL! :)

Just got home, grabbed a shower, sitting in the easy chair with the pup with the knee surgery and visiting all of you....and love reading the updates. :)

Do have to say, that little grandson sure does make a Grandpa's day!

2014-06-15192349_zps4dfd71c6.jpg

2014-06-15192405_zpsbedd9d45.jpg

HE WAS SO SAD WHEN HE HAD TO GO HOME AND COULDN'T DRIVE GRANDPA'S BIG BLUE VAN :(

2014-06-15192515_zps263ebcbe.jpg

Busy day, didn't get enough time with the family but the short time I did was priceless!!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
great day here
Beautiful weather
Got a little done around the house this morning
took a 150 mile scooter ride
kids (not so much "kids" anymore..they're 28 and 30) came over
Momma made manicotti, I grilled some ribeyes

Life was grand today..really really great day

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
Well..

Had the house all for myself..

Sent out MB billings, swept the house, did 4 loads of laundry, Cobb webbed the whole house and fences, worked on the KDM, cleaned the coop, talked to loads of good pals on the faggy bluetoof

Walked the wolves and time for dinner and season two of Modern Family

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I spent the day with the kiddo, cooked a dinner and invited some family. My dad is on the road since he's a truck driver. He and my step-mom like to camp during the summer and the campground is few miles from where he parks his truck for his reset. I surprised him with a cook out at their camper while my step-mom distracted him on Saturday. My father and I rarely tell each other we love one another, we just show it - he is really a man of few words but has his own way of expressing himself. He had a big smile on his face when they pulled up because I don't see him much with my schedule and him always being on the road.

This year has been rough because since I have been born it has been the first time ever he hasn't been home for major holidays and even at 28 I still miss him not being there. He's always been a hard worker and has worked when he was sick, tired, sore, and through a really nasty divorce - Dad has always done what he has needed to and worked very hard to provide for us growing up. He told me how proud he is of the man I have become and before I knew it we were both crying like babies hugging each other. Hearing those words come from my dad, I still don't know how to describe it besides my heart is heavy with joy. I have always looked up to him and am through the moon that I have made him proud.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I spent the day with the kiddo, cooked a dinner and invited some family. My dad is on the road since he's a truck driver. He and my step-mom like to camp during the summer and the campground is few miles from where he parks his truck for his reset. I surprised him with a cook out at their camper while my step-mom distracted him on Saturday. My father and I rarely tell each other we love one another, we just show it - he is really a man of few words but has his own way of expressing himself. He had a big smile on his face when they pulled up because I don't see him much with my schedule and him always being on the road.

This year has been rough because since I have been born it has been the first time ever he hasn't been home for major holidays and even at 28 I still miss him not being there. He's always been a hard worker and has worked when he was sick, tired, sore, and through a really nasty divorce - Dad has always done what he has needed to and worked very hard to provide for us growing up. He told me how proud he is of the man I have become and before I knew it we were both crying like babies hugging each other. Hearing those words come from my dad, I still don't know how to describe it besides my heart is heavy with joy. I have always looked up to him and am through the moon that I have made him proud.

great stuff, 'Dink!!

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Hoody

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Low key day, slept in. Did my chores, spent a couple hours weed eating and the cut the grass around the house until it got too hot. Helped the wife with the pool for a bit and then went inside and enjoyed the AC. The whole family went out to dinner and as a father's day special they all behaved like children instead of the young adults they are. :eekk:

Yep, in true Chavez fashion we had bickering, hitting, threats and laughing. It really was a lot of fun. :lol:

Reactions: Mark Saiger
F

FB7777

So the teenage boys actually went in together and bought an assembled a hammock for the old man

My angel wrote me a book entitled " 52 reasons my daddy is the best "

Feeling a it sheepish about my earlier comments... But it sure is great to be wrong :D

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
My oldest son ran off to Florida and got a job at Disneyworld. He sent me this pic and said he found out who his real father is:
tugupary.jpg

I couldn't be prouder.
The other three just hung out with me for the day. They are pretty easy going for teenagers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom