Fathers Day

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I had a great fathers day. We spend the weekend camping with my sons mom and step dad and grandpa and grandma on my boys mom's side. We do this every year and normally my daughter is here to but this year she isn't coming in until Wednesday and my sons step dad had to work so he nor his two kids came camping, so I was me, my wife, he other of my son her parents and my sons half sister.

It is also my boys birthday today so we normally celebrate it on fathers day but we didn't his year so he could have a friends party tonight.

I cannot put into words how blessed I am to have the family I have. Most people barely tolerate their ex's but I can honestly say I love my sons mother and step father and so does my wife and not in the "Utah cliché " way.

I never had a grandpa so having Kourtney's dad around for my son and frankly for me is a blessing beyond measure. We got to talk about a lot of things this trip and it was the first time we actually talked about the first months of my boys life when he would have preferred I drove off a cliff for breaking his daughters heart. He really was angry and said some things he said he was sorry for and gave me his best apology he could give me by telling me how much he respected me for not giving up no mater how hard and uncomfortable they made it for me. He is a no nonsense logger from the Oregon hills who will always let you know how he feels and hen he told me he told the camp host the extra spot he had reserved was for his son in law I about cried right there. For that man to consider me the man that never married his daughter and broke her heart and married another women as his "son" proves that miracles happen.

My Father died nearly 20 years ago. I wasn't a good son when he went but I hope he is proud of how my life is today. I try to remember that always and do my best to be a better dad then I was a son.

Oh and the very best part of it all was we didn't spend the night in the OR saving Lora's life :)

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My wife picked up a ton of Famous Dave's BBQ Saturday for dinner and carne asada from Vallarta for Sunday. My son and daughter chipped in bought me assassin creed and another controller for wii u. My son got me a box of peanut brittle from See's candy . Well fed and appreciated. So I'm happy. My oldest 24 year just graduated nursing school to be an R N. My other daughter got her bachelors at UC BAKERSFIELD. And is going into the credential program to be a special needs teacher. Now to get my son on a career path he wants to do!

All three still at home ;)

Reactions: JS41035

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
While here I am at the ripe old age of 48 with both kids grown and out of the house, I will openly admit that I wish both were under 5 right now.

Well.... I'm 43 and have a 3 yr old(tomorrow actually!) and a 10 month old. Next time I'm ready to murder this 3 yr old - I'm going to remember your quote!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom