Favorite Upholstery Tool?

Samson

Supportive Member
Name
Samson Rollins
I have been using my Drymaster upholstery tool for the past 2.5 years and it works fine on delicate fabrics and when I have plenty of time to spend. But, I am looking for another tool to use when I need to cover a larger area faster and not too worried about getting the fabric a bit wetter.

What's your favorite upholstery tool for that type of scenario? Thanks

Samson

Brad_Smith

I used the drimaster for a long time. Cleaned much furniture and a couple thousand banquet chairs with it.

I recently switched to the green glided prochem with 02 jet. It cleans faster and drier on everything. I still have both on the truck but haven't used the drimaster since.

Lora Olson

Hey Samson,

How are ya?? Hope all is well up north!

Anyways, PMF makes a 6" upholstery tool now. It's an external spray, so maybe some over-spray problems?? Don't know how well is works though, as it's just been out since Sept, and we haven't sold a lot of them yet.

Jim mentioned the new Steamway upholstery tool, and the Prochem was mentioned also! We're giving away one of each at our CAD days on May 17! Come down, bring your family... and you just might win one!! :)

It would be good to see ya anyways!

Talk to ya later!!

Lora

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
same as Lisa and Chris

PMF "internal" jet tool

not to be confused with PMF "enclosed" flood jet tool
(which BTW, KICKS AZZ for detailing stairs or rooms with bad filtration soil at floor and wall)

..L.T.A.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have several tools, including the PMF internal jet. Mostly I have used the Hydrokinetic tool since 1985 and I have the newer model I use most of the time now. 400 psi with number 3 jet, yet leaves fabric dryer than other tools. A no brainer.

Loren

TimP

You can always get out the ole glided stair tool and if you're in a big hurry just wand the sucker. I myself use a drimaster and find it very slow. I suppose I need to try something else to see what's out there......I'm just too cheap to buy something else after plopping down 400 on the drimaster.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought the SteamWay hydrokinetic at Connections last year. Love it.
It moves very easy on fabrics with the teflon glide, flushes like crazy with an 04 jet, and the glide design extracts just about all the water. I'm cleaning uph in half the time that I did using the HM Drimaster tool, and getting it drier!

I even used it to clean some vertical blinds. Worked slick!! dry within 30 min.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
hi ron how much do the SteamWay hydrokinetic run. I love the HM drimaster upholstery tool for delicate fabrics but can be slow in regular situations.

Terry

upholstery

I think the Steamway Uphol. is awesome especially the new ones because they have a green glide and we know that Greenie does things right....I've used the prochem with a glide and like it but the steamway is more productive with the larger head....its a great tool for cleaning the fringes of oriental rugs....I think the Steamway goes for around $400.

John you got a lot of prizes at your show and I can't wait to see you parachute into your show.....

Samson

Supportive Member
Name
Samson Rollins
Thanks everybody for the help. I'd like to try the Steamway and the PMF to see wich ones works for me. They both sound pretty good.

Laura - Yes, I am going to try to make it down there in May to your CAD day.

Samson

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The SteamWay tool is about 4-450, 6 in Canada I think. Go figure. Thats why I got mine at Connections.

What sold me was how well the SW worked ON delicate fabrics, no water went through the fabric at all! ANd it was very gentle on the fabric, whether pushing or pulling.
Have to be very careful pushing the Drimaster tool, that steel "jet" can cut a fine fabric.

The downside to the SW tool that I have noticed is it needs a longer hose and the head is heavy (metal). Both of which I am willing to put up with because of its performance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom