Feedback on response to client needed...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In other words ....

They don't prevacuum!

Hacks in Cornville.
LOL

Every job is different some not only do we vacuum the carpet but we also backpack vacuum the edges too. It all depends on what the client wants or needs.

Not vacuuming can save some time on the front end but not enough to offset the hassle of complicating the process overall.

If its large get a wide area vacuum or let the janitorial staff vacuum but I would not ever suggest skipping vacuuming, you'll be picking up crap by hand the whole job.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Can price things however you choose, its a free country.

But are missing out on an awful lot of money by pricing commercial by sqr ft.
Production numbers vary too much from 300 hour to 2000 sqr ft hour and everything in between.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
More emails....

Here is the response we received and how we addressed it.

Thanks for the information. When I originally talked to your company on site they told me there would be a savings if I got both locations on some type of schedule. It's why I even considered a schedule. I respect your decision to hold firm on pricing, however, I'm not sure I will move forward with the carpet cleaning at this point. I have a few other options I want to consider but I will let you know a definite answer soon.

I still would like to move forward on the floor cleaning test that is scheduled.

Thanks for your help! Have a great weekend.

Us:

I can understand your frustration if that is the information you were provided, and I apologize for any miscommunication. It’s our problem that we weren’t all on the same page internally here and now it’s spilled over to you. Certainly not the way we want things to go.

Can we meet in person or talk on the phone to see if we can get to a place that will work for both of us? I don’t know what budget you are working with, but I’m sure we can be creative come up with a plan that will be closer meeting your needs and budget and work for us as well.

Her response:

Meg

Let me know what your schedule looks like next week. I'm swamped this week. Tues and Thursday look best for me so far.

So we will be setting up a meeting. I'll keep you posted.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You've abviously earned some slack from this account, and it sounds like they want you to continue to work for them. They just need to justify why they should pay you more than all of the other bids. Give them a reason.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Its the most important part of what we do but can't be taught.
Never give up....

I could write a book about the number of jobs we have lost, fired, told me to never call again...
Only to scheme my way back in.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
UPDATE: After an in person meeting with the manager of both properties and a new pricing structure straight out of Strategies for Success (SFS) last month (We used the Frequency Price Option plan), we just closed the deal! I set up cleaning for the first site for a week from Monday. Thanks Steve Toburen for the FPO guide, it helped save this account which is worth over $4000 a year.

Back
Top Bottom