Fels Deal Of The Day

Mikey P

Administrator
http://www.amazon.com/Dial-723154-N...F8&qid=1425748196&sr=8-6&keywords=fels+naptha

71w7OJ5e77L._SL1500_.jpg

at the rate my guys go through a bar I had to do it..

Mikey P

Administrator
"When all else fails, try Fels" is our moto.

Or Trashed Green but Fels is easier to keep in your pocket.

Primarily oil based spots but also kicks butt on tannin and protiens if booster with a spritz of 40

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Lee Stockwell
Justin found a Mexican laundry bar that's very good too.

I brought a bunch of Nicaraguan stuff back, haven't tried it all. Crazy coming back thru the airport with it. Felt like a JW version of a drug courier.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

hogjowl

Idiot™
Fels is good stuff, Taco. However, your guys will like it better if they don't have to bend over and rub it on the carpet. (The Fels!) Talk to me about making it liquid and they'll love it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I found them for 93 cents... And now I've got about 48-49 bars in a box at the shop...:lol: set for a few years.

Reactions: Mikey P

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
$0.99 at the grocery store here. Bargain! Definitely my spotter of choice. The ole "fits in the pocket" thing is huge for me.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
$0.99 at the grocery store here. Bargain! Definitely my spotter of choice. The ole "fits in the pocket" thing is huge for me.
I found them at Hy Vee from one of Dirks posts @ a year ago. I've had one in my pocket ever since. It's probably pound for pound and definitely dollar for dollar, the most helpful spotter I use.

I meant to try mixing up some concoction (maybe Zee?) someone mentioned, which turned it to a gel. The bar has been great!

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
When ever I see them in the supermarkets here they always seem to be 99 cents a bar.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I found them at Hy Vee from one of Dirks posts @ a year ago. I've had one in my pocket ever since. It's probably pound for pound and definitely dollar for dollar, the most helpful spotter I use.

I meant to try mixing up some concoction (maybe Zee?) someone mentioned, which turned it to a gel. The bar has been great!
I get no respect ...

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
After reading this thread I now see a Fels ad no matter where I go. It's almost like my browsing habits are being tracked or something.... can they do that? :biggrin:

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's real hard.
I keep a cheese grater on the van and grate a palmful up and put it in a 32 0z bottle with super hot water from my TM.

Use a squirt top, not a spray top.

Reactions: JS41035

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Its better to have it "gel up"...that way you don't have it run down on the fiber all the way to the backing. Therefore it is easier rinsing it out.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Zee, do you mix it with some other product?

Someone made the claim that it's the worlds greatest spotter once made up.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Correction: The worlds greatest Hack spotter.

Did you know you can save even more money by making a better "Fels" yourself? Yes, you can. Use "el cheapo" Zote laundry soap bar, instead of Fels, as your base. Then add 1% BBQ charcoal lighter fluid (stoddard solvent) to Marty's gel concoction. Ah, what the hell..... Use 2% lighter fluid if you want a nuclear version. Use the white version of Zote, if you can find it. It makes for a far more "professional" and manly spotter, than the pink variety.

You see, Fels removed the charcoal lighter fluid in their product in 1988. The Hacks are now getting screwed over with even a lesser substitute since 2009, that isn't much more than a diesel-like fragrance (Camphor).

p.s. You can even "boost" the Zote spotter even more, ...use a "tweaker" trick of adding a few crystals of Red Devil Lye (Sodium Hydroxide) for every 6 ounces.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Hmm.... Zote+delimonene/emulsifier? Zote and butyl cellosolve?

I already own a wheelbarrow AND a little electric concrete mixer - the wheels are turning.....

(JK Shawn!)

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

hogjowl

Idiot™
Its better to have it "gel up"...that way you don't have it run down on the fiber all the way to the backing. Therefore it is easier rinsing it out.
It's impossible to not have it "gel up". Even if you mix it light enough so that it runs like water, once it cools off, it's gel.

I see that old ICS syndrome is still at play on these boards.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Be very careful adding lye as it will heat the water very quickly. A couple of specks probably won't but don't get it on your hands. Us vinegar not water to remove from skin.

Gene

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
What spotters does it replace? No residue problems?
Still seems very hackish to me...no???

Generally, mystery spots, little black spots or dots, anything you would use a solvent on. I swear, one time it removed a blue stain. Residue? Yea, if you don't rinse it. Doesn't take much.

but does it work better than industry spotters or just cheaper?

Yes.

I also like to use it after I mist the area with larrys stain solve. Lubes things up, for the fels.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom