Fels Naptha Boost

Mikey P

Administrator
As you Fels Freaks know by now, you have to give the stubborn spot a squirt with the wand so you can get a lather up with your bar of soap. (followed by scrubbing and some dwell time before using the wand to rinse)

Next time you get a toughy use a few squirts of 30 or 40 volume instead.

Then get back to us on the results.

I41 think it kicks ass.

FCC said:
First Recipe: 3 Pints Water 1/3 bar Fels Naptha Soap, grated 1/2 cup Washing Soda (Arm and Hammer, NOT baking soda though!!) 1/2 cup 20 Mule Team Borax 2 Gallon bucket to mix it in 1 Quart hot water Additional Hot Water Mix Fels Naptha soap in a saucepan with 3 pints hot water and heat on low until dissolved. Stir in Washing Soda and Borax. Stir until thickened, and remove from heat. Add 1 Quart Hot Water to 2 gallon Bucket. Add soap mixture, and mix well. Fill bucket completely with additional hot water, and mix well. Set aside for 24 hours, or until mixture thickens. Use 1/2 cup of mixture per load.

Third Recipe: Water 1 bar grated Fels Naptha soap 5 gallon bucket 1 cup washing soda (Again, Arm and Hammer) 1 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax 4 1/2 gallons water Put grated Fels Naptha in saucepan and cover with water. Heat on low until dissolved. Fill bucket with hot water and add soap. Stir to combine. Add 1 cup washing soda and 1 cup Borax and mix well. As it cools, it will thicken. May be used immediately. Use 1/2 - 1 cup per load.

I guess now I'll ad 40 vol

:shock: What kinda spots are you treating with that mix.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
That's the DIY laundry detergent, save $ from buying detergent.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Next time you get a toughy use a few squirts of 30 or 40 volume instead.

I've never use the stuff. How long would you leave it on before rinsing? And is it safe for darker colored carpet?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Sally’s Per-oxide is one of the better things I have learned about on this board. I hit the beverage spills and urine and other organics with it before I prespray on most jobs.

Fels is kind of lame. I would rather use some degreaser with a ph close to 14 to strip out ground in soil. Enen if Fels did a better job who wants their customer to see them cleaning carpets with a bar of soap?

I am still trying to figure out why you would need that concoction if you are using a good prespray and have a bottle of citrus gel on hand. Are you getting out kool aid or what?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom