Fels Naptha?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
What and or how do you carry your bar of Fels Naptha? andor any tricks you can add to using the Fels.

I use a cell phone pouch.

Here's my trick. I wrap duct tape around the bar so that I have a nice dry surface to hold onto. I wrap it with one inch wide pieces of tape starting from the bottom. I leave a little over one inch of fels showing at the top.

Any other tips?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
velcro straps.....looks and works better the duct tape......

IMG_4763.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is great for those little stubborn spots that don't seem to want to come out with normal cleaning...give it a shot of water with the wand...rub with Fels and rinse....try it..you can thank Odin later.....just like everyone else has.......

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
fels naptha is a great laundry soap in a bar for common soil removal including soil filtration lines. I don't know why Jim showed us a picture of his wand.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
KevinL said:
fels naptha is a great laundry soap in a bar for common soil removal including soil filtration lines. I don't know why Jim showed us a picture of his wand.

it was the case and how it is held onto the wand....in regards to the first post..........

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
how do you carry your bar of Fels Naptha was the subject....
jim was showin' us his Fels Naptha ...holder.....see it right there?

8) 8) 8)

KevinL said:

Someone is not very observant.......

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I don't think Odin was "the guy" wqith fels first.

If you look on ics, long before Odin there was a bloke always talking about it. His name was Brown maybe? I can't recall....and it bugs me but won't go on ics to look it up.

You can buy it at a lot of groceries stores or riteaid type places.

I still make my own gel out of it and use it out of a quart bottle, it works better than just rubbing it straight on the fabric. I do add other chems to it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
steve g said:
where do you buy the stuff

smiths has them in the laundry area.....albertsons did, but now that its fresh market...maybe not...

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:

If you look on ics, long before Odin there was a bloke always talking about it. His name was Brown maybe? I can't recall....and it bugs me but won't go on ics to look it up.

You can buy it at a lot of groceries stores or riteaid type places.

I still make my own gel out of it and use it out of a quart bottle, it works better than just rubbing it straight on the fabric. I do add other chems to it.

How do you make your own Gel out of it? What is the process of doing that?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
We have bought ours from Sav-on Drugstore for decades - it's been around forever, one of my grandmother's favorite cleaners for clothes, and a lot of dry cleaners keep it on hand.

We use it especially for removing ink.

It's cheap and works great - a rarity. Just like Mikeysboard. :shock:

Lisa

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:

Silk Rug Inkstain revisited
Posted By paul brown on 1/11/2002 at 9:36 PM
...Suprisingly, Fels Naptha laundry soap $1.95 a bar at your local market, and the Cadie Corp Laundry stick removed these ink stains the best. I was able to completely remove them from both raw silk and finished silk with both of these products.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Soukoreff said:
[quote="Zalan Szabo (zee)":2z8p1rym]I don't think Odin was "the guy" wqith fels first.

Silk Rug Inkstain revisited
Posted By paul brown on 1/11/2002 at 9:36 PM
...Suprisingly, Fels Naptha laundry soap $1.95 a bar at your local market, and the Cadie Corp Laundry stick removed these ink stains the best. I was able to completely remove them from both raw silk and finished silk with both of these products.[/quote:2z8p1rym]

There it is, Paul Brown. !gotcha! thanks Bill.

I actually know the guy personally that was very much involved in the making of felsnaptha. I cleaned his carpets last year. It is coming up again to be cleaned. He has worked at the companies a long time before they became Dial Corp. He is about 90 years old and his whole life he was in the business of making soaps and detergents.

I will ask Brian to post a couple of pictures of what he has in his house.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Old detergent recipes in a glass block and an appreciation letter.

One of the original fels naptha negative brass pieces. Solid heavy pieces.

This man has all kinds of old stuff from the chemical industry.

I just thought it was interesting that the way I'm involved with fels naptha - I happened to have a customer that was very much involved in the making of the bar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom