Female Tech, can't say no..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We had a few last! With portys most bought a scrubber, hired a helper and worked real hard.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Well, boys….

I always have 2 man crews, unless something prevented it. I’ve had female techs but I knew them and knew they could do the job. My customers love it when I show up or another girl. I currently have an office assistant and she goes out on the van if needed. She always goes out on water jobs - loves them!

I have no problems with girls, but couldn’t imagine them being a lead tech or on the van alone.

I do not hire or socialize with sensitive, high maintenance women. Maybe that’s why my family calls me George! However, you boys probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference when it came time to hire… Tread lightly.

View attachment 4232View attachment 4234

Last edited:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I trained some gals with Millers and Coit.

They never lasted.
Some could do the sales, some could do the grind, none could ever conquer the stereotype that it's a man job and most homeowners will be very leery and re-dos are overwhelming...

"A man could have gotten that traffic lane out with more elbow grease"

You are just TRYING to get me to rip you, aren't you?!

My custy's loved me.

I cleaned empty repos with a porty....hauling that sucker up stairs, by myself through two pregnancies.

Once I quit the repo gig and got into resi, the clients really feel safe with a woman. In 18 years, I only had one client who was not happy I was a woman, and she was an old woman. Go figure.

The clients were great and I worked by myself the majority of the time I had the biz. When I started bringing Jeff, all of a sudden the clients wanted us to move bookcases and china cabinets!

Take care,
Lisa

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
You people know me well enough to know that being PC has never been something I worry about. I call it like I see it.

In this day and age, with the sliders and lift buddy's we have, I see no reason why sex should be an issue.

If an arthritic, 57 year old grandfather with farmers knees and hands can do this job, then a healthy heifer can too.

And if someone with my personality can survive, a hormonal woman should do fine.

Just consider Lisa!

I just recently hired my niece to work for us. She's training to be a technician on one of the trucks three days a week. She's answering the phone and doing office work the other two days. My female customers chit chat with her more than they do with me. I'm pretty confident she'll be able to do the carpet and tile work we do just fine, but we also clean windows and it makes me nervous having her carry around a tall extension ladder. I'm excited to see how it turns out.
View attachment 4236

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Cleanfax had an article years ago about female techs and the pros and cons. The article did say the female techs were better at talking with the clients, better at selling. The biggest fault was clients not thinking a woman was strong enough to do the work. As was just pointed out, with the sliders and lift buddy and glides, the work isn't as physical any more, except for lifting in rotaries and 175s.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
We have a couple of female customers that use 150psi portables and a 13" floor machines. Each has their own business and do the work by themselves. One works out of her Ford Ranger pickup.
Both make 100k+

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You people know me well enough to know that being PC has never been something I worry about. I call it like I see it.

In this day and age, with the sliders and lift buddy's we have, I see no reason why sex should be an issue.

If an arthritic, 57 year old grandfather with farmers knees and hands can do this job, then a healthy heifer can too.

And if someone with my personality can survive, a hormonal woman should do fine.

Just consider Lisa!

Only a Moron wouldn't consider atleast One Woman on their team nowadays!

Most Women are more comfortable talking to other Women and the guys jus nodd n drool so......

Every time my Wife works someone BAM Done Deal it's business, Jump in the Rig n go stuff!
Not all of them are like that with me, so I strategically pull my wife into those equations and we TEAM up on them
with her holding the Stage : )

I Guarantee there will be a Female President within my Lifetime!

Chris

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I just recently hired my niece to work for us. She's training to be a technician on one of the trucks three days a week. She's answering the phone and doing office work the other two days. My female customers chit chat with her more than they do with me. I'm pretty confident she'll be able to do the carpet and tile work we do just fine, but we also clean windows and it makes me nervous having her carry around a tall extension ladder. I'm excited to see how it turns out.
View attachment 4236
Kris she has a winning smile and if her attitude matches, she will have no limits to her cleaning career.
Good luck to you and her!

Reactions: amygeorge

C&S

Name
Scott
I have a girl who works with me. But not all the time,b I usually take her on the big jobs or the ones I need someone to entertain the customer while I clean.

Most jobs I go in intro us, walk threw for inspection, tell her what I need her to do (pick up this, pretreat that, move that) she goes in sweeps carpet pretreats, brings in any specific tools. And helps me manage the hose as I move room to room. But she only helps when.she has time, and needs a couple bucks.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL Yes you are. I used to grope my wife every time I saw her......eventually I was read the riot act and asked how would I like it if every time she saw me, she'd grab me. I said "bring it on!" :biggrin:

A few days later she tried it on me..... and I said "Hey!" she just stared at me until I got it. :redface:

I don't touch her anymore unless she asks. :icon_neutral:

BITCH! :p

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
My wife has done many WD jobs by herself. The girl can flat out work. Demo is not a problem for her. She raises the standard for all of the guys working around her. They hall some butt when she's around because they don't want to look like idiots while working with her. She's not a big girl either.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom