Few pics of the Bentley wand..... 8314XL (no swivel)

R

rotovacguy

Yeah, that manifold looks like it would be very easy to bump your jets out of alignment. They should have kept the old one piece design, and just work at getting the aim of the jets perfected.

Mikey P

Administrator
aim them all you want, the angle was all wrong.

I'm gonna assume that once Mytee runs out of those cast heads we'll see a new one that allows the manifolds mounted and placed like a Prochem wand.

R

rotovacguy

Perhaps the angle was all wrong with the older design, but at least they were all true and uniform being on a single plane.

Take a look at the 3rd pic from the top that Fred supplied. You can really see how uneven they are in this configuration. You'd think that would in effect throw off the spray pattern of the jet(s)....idk.

I can't speak from experience since I haven't ever used either version, but I've heard some guys say they were able to re-aim the bar on the older design with good results.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
aim them all you want, the angle was all wrong.

I'm not so sure about all that, Big Slim

what's the degree of angle on a Ti?

Maybe I'll take some pics tomorrow of both wands in action

and remember, not every BD is in the 600+psi fire hose flow club....nor want to be

..L.T.A.

I used the Mytee 8314 XL again today. I have also been lending it to local cleaners in our network to get some feedback.

First off, its very nice looking. Had offers to buy it from the others just from its looks (before using it).

Here is some of the feedback I've received so far (and some of my thoughts) ....

The jet angle is wrong, the "manifold" needs replaced. It causes several issues, jet easily misaligned, streaking, etc.

The head is too light. I like the weight of the tube, but the head should have some weight so it doesnt bounce on comm carpet.

The glide is too small, doesn't have enough surface area in contact with the carpet. Digs in on plush.

The handle is in the wrong place, and I would need to mess up the coating to move it.

I would also look at redesigning / expanding the slot to allow more airflow.

I think Mytee is on the right track, but this wand as is, is just not ready for prime time yet IMHO

Ryan

Wouldn't the swivel model fix the head weight problem?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom