BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Just a heads up

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Mikes got a Transit, Damon is the one with the Promaster...
Screenshot_20191129-154005_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P

Chris A

Name
Chris
I looked hard at the promaster, and I drive a Ram as my personal truck, but there were just too many horror stories out there with the van and the pentastar, 2700 miles on my Transit and it's the best van I've ever driven by far, hopefully it holds up

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Love my Promaster and would buy it again. Been a great van so far. I think I’m pushing 36k miles so far.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
My old Ford van smelled like an electrical fire this morning, just before the heater fan started buzzing. Like a postal employee, I just kept driving.

I did turn the fan off though.

• Wow
Reactions: Hack Attack

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well, thanks Matt for letting me know. I’ll call my dealer and get it taken care of. The thing that gets me is they issue a recall notice but there is no fix yet. What’s the point? Do I park it and use my other van for now?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My old Ford van smelled like an electrical fire this morning, just before the heater fan started buzzing. Like a postal employee, I just kept driving.

I did turn the fan off though.
Old Ford's had switch problems for the heater fans. You couldn't put them on high without them burning up.

Chris A

Name
Chris
the Fiat.

I have a good pal who's the best mechanic I know, loads of history with the big three all his life...

I have heard some rumblings of transmission issues with the Fords also, but I don't personally know anyone that's had issues

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I had two Ford vans with bad HVAC fan switches, one caused a serious fire in 2013.

The second time I eliminated the switch.
I've been running the fan on high ever since I bought it - the only speed that worked. Now that the motor is shot I finally looked into parts prices. $60 for both the fan and the resistor that controls the speeds. Looks like a ten minute job to replace both.

Our eighties vintage Fords weren't so lucky. The connector to the fan switch would overheat and melt, but they lost contact as they melted so didn't catch fire. Ford said the entire wiring harness had to be replaced, and no junkyard had a harness that didn't have that connector already salvaged, so we soldered them.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom