Film-formers vs. crystallizing polymers

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Never in my life have I seen such over hyped products. Making up stupid names for the polymers . When in reality they probably are just a form of floor wax.

Encapsulation is a fancy marketing term to sell more product.

I am curious what your definition of "encapsulation" is, because based on the actual definition of the word, and the basic properties of how the product is supposed to work, I think the use of the term here is completely applicable.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well there is a dictionary ya know.

Fancy marketing term to sell more product.

Leaves a DRY residue that's all

Condog

Name
Tony
Let me explain this whole " ENCAPSULATION EXTREMISM" in simple terms that ya'll can understand.

They make a DRY SHAMPOO to spray on your hair and it's supposed to just brush out. Do you really think it's going to be clean? Isn't it better to WASH N' RINSE your hair? Which is going to be cleaner?
Interesting, but your hair doesn't have matting that wicks/browns back up after a clean and rinse, pulling up filth. They do sell rinse out and leave in hair conditioners. Do you think your shampoo post could be tied to the previous post saying hwe followed by encapsulation...?
Isn't encapsulation a cleaning method, and hwe more of a restoration method?

Condog

Name
Tony
Interesting, but your hair doesn't have matting that wicks/browns back up after a clean and rinse, pulling up filth. They do sell rinse out and leave in hair conditioners. Do you think your shampoo post could be tied to the previous post saying hwe followed by encapsulation...?
Isn't encapsulation a cleaning method, and hwe more of a restoration method?
It seems you are saying you do encapsulation, but you have a cheaper way than paying for over-marketed expensive products. Or am I not getting what you are saying?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Encapsulation can mean many things. In this instance it's a marketing term. My beef is that it's used to sell overpriced products some at $50 a gallon. To those who believe all of the zealous discriptions on the product label. FILM formers are obsolete so stick to a crystallizer.

Reactions: Condog

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Hey Mikey,
Have you gone back to the facility where you used a variety of products for evaluation?
Started reading but did not realize this was such an old thread.

Condog

Name
Tony
Encapsulation can mean many things. In this instance it's a marketing term. My beef is that it's used to sell overpriced products some at $50 a gallon. To those who believe all of the zealous discriptions on the product label. FILM formers are obsolete so stick to a crystallizer.

I am new to the business. Do you have a recommendation?
I will start with it and try a different one from a local supplier and if Saiger has one, I'll support a member and try it too. That way it is as scientific as I'll get.
Any guidelines on what to look for when buying a local suppliers product?
Thanks for your input, and willingness to put your opinion out there.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I will start with it and try a different one from a local supplier and if Saiger has one, I'll support a member and try it too. That way it is as scientific as I'll get.

Would be happy to provide you with some samples of Releasit. You can compare these to any other products. Think you’ll be happy with the results!

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I've tried just about all of them, and most work very similarly.

I've moved to using chems from Damons Williams at encapstore, because they are quality and he's a genuine, good dude.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We have our Harvard Bone Dry encap and also Harvard Oxy Encap Pro. The past couple of years Harvard has updated the encap product.

Reactions: Matt Middleton

Condog

Name
Tony
Thank you.
Are they sold through any stores in Phoenix, AZ market, or do I need to order and have them shipped?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If it smells like vomit, it's too old and has gone off. Oxy products have a limited shelf life. Do not keep them in a hot truck for too long. I usually buy just what I need for a couple of weeks, then resupply.
I wondered that, I've opened bottles straight from the distributor that smelled bad.
But being a small country who knows how long they'd had them?

I currently spike my encap with oxy on the job, but dont know how it effects the polymers etc.. looks good :shifty:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I wondered that, I've opened bottles straight from the distributor that smelled bad.
But being a small country who knows how long they'd had them?

I currently spike my encap with oxy on the job, but dont know how it effects the polymers etc.. looks good :shifty:
I ran into that problem mainly with one step oxy stain removers. Stuff smelled worse than what I was trying to remove. I haven't had too many problems with oxy encap products. They probably don't stay on the shelf too long here. Would be good to have an expiration date.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Get a Vibe and some DS2 and your workday can look like this
BCADA046-5969-44EC-A696-7ED941F18704.jpeg
Also. Can we call you Corndog instead. 😁

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Only problem I had with an overpowering BAD smell was from encapucleanO2. Had to throw all of it out because it smelled like vomit.
Now I use Chemspec EncapBrite II. It actually mixes well with Betco's Fibercap MP. Flakes off

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Only problem I had with an overpowering BAD smell was from encapucleanO2. Had to throw all of it out because it smelled like vomit.
Now I use Chemspec EncapBrite II. It actually mixes well with Betco's Fibercap MP. Flakes off
I use the encapuclean O2 and haven't had that issue. Either too old or you kept it too long. If it smells like that when you uncap it, you should take it back. Worst I had was a one step stain remover. I was gagging as I sprayed it and it did nothing to remove the stain.

Condog

Name
Tony
Sweet looking machine. Unfortunately, I'm not at the stage where I can buy another machine.
Do you use the Vibe on tile? If yes, do you like it more than a pressure tile cleaner.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Sweet looking machine. Unfortunately, I'm not at the stage where I can buy another machine.
Do you use the Vibe on tile? If yes, do you like it more than a pressure tile cleaner.
[/

Tiles no. Vinyl yes.

Haven’t had much luck with grout lines using the Vibe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom