Film-formers vs. crystallizing polymers

Condog

Name
Tony
Well... No. Any successful cleaning process is going to be 95% chemistry. HWE for grout would be what most would suggest.
True CHAT or TACT, neither states pressure (unless you consider pressure to be agitation). Maybe the high pressure is the best form of agitation in this case, it's what seems to be most highly suggested. Just spend longer on the dwell time with either 360i or crb to add time, and use more chemical. Does there come a point you can add too much time or chemical on a tile floor?

Condog

Name
Tony
Chemicals-Heat-Agitation-Time (chemicals sits before agitation and during agitation, until rinsed)
Temperature-Agitation-Chemical-Time - see time above.
Two forms saying the same thing. Taught in IICRC courses.
I have a insurance adjusting license, took water remediation course.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Chemicals-Heat-Agitation-Time (chemicals sits before agitation and during agitation, until rinsed)
Temperature-Agitation-Chemical-Time - see time above.
Two forms saying the same thing. Taught in IICRC courses.
I have a insurance adjusting license, took water remediation course.
Oh. I’m non-affiliated.

Condog

Name
Tony
I started off using whittakers crystal dry . Then found out DCS's Spin Vac was the same and sold in gallons. Dried into a very nice "CLEAR" crystal that shattered very nicely. Could only order it thru barker hammer and shipping was expensive. Hence I now use BETCO's FIBERCAP MP.
I'm not sure if you're against encap or just think the less costly products perform as well as the more expensive products.
I saw Mike did a comparison of Release It, Padcap Pro, and Commercial Magic. He also likes Harvard's Bone Dry.
Are you saying they all do the same thing? Including Betco's FIBERCAP MP?

$17 for Bone Dry
$21 for Betco
Not sure of shipping costs.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Tried a gallon of Bone dry awhile back. Had very little polymer and seemed watered down. My happy medium was NOT paying $45 for encapuclean and others no matter what the claim of double strength or not (BS)

So I bought a case of FiberCap MP from the local dist and it has a pleasant scent and cost way less. Crystallizes too unlike encapuclean (Old school chemistry) which is a film former that BONDS to the fiber.

Tried all of the others over time and all the internet rage is OVERPRICED

In my 5 gallon battery sprayer I just use 16 oz .
I always prevac before on larger commercial areas so those I maintain seem to vacuum out real well.

But NOT FILM FORMERS

Reactions: Condog

Condog

Name
Tony
Tried a gallon of Bone dry awhile back. Had very little polymer and seemed watered down. My happy medium was NOT paying $45 for encapuclean and others no matter what the claim of double strength or not (BS)

So I bought a case of FiberCap MP from the local dist and it has a pleasant scent and cost way less. Crystallizes too unlike encapuclean (Old school chemistry) which is a film former that BONDS to the fiber.

Tried all of the others over time and all the internet rage is OVERPRICED

In my 5 gallon battery sprayer I just use 16 oz .
I always prevac before on larger commercial areas so those I maintain seem to vacuum out real well.

But NOT FILM FORMERS
Thanks Jimmy,
It's nice that it's local too, no shipping to bring the price up.
I'll give it a try.

Condog

Name
Tony
I'll do it scientifically, on my own carpet w/ pcp, release it, and fibercap mp. I'll do a three month experiment. Mike will be proud.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well I don't want to pay shipping and most of the time I won't spend over $350 to qualify. So I just zip down to the local dist and pick up a couple gallons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom