Filter box

SamIam

Name
sam miller
http://sapphirescientific.com/Content_001b.aspx?cid=1225

This thing is awesome I can run 2.5 to the box and split to two 50 st 2 inch hose and the the lift stays at 10 on the machine even if one wand is off the carpet. Stays at 12 with both down.

Thats using 2 12 inch westpac's with hybrid glides and 6 flow each wand. It really holds the carpet well. I would'nt try it on thick polyester or burbur but its great on Nylon where theres more surface tension.

We actually cleaned a house today did tile and carpets at the sametime had to seal the vac relief on the turbo but it came out great.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I would agree great filter. Big but works great and lasts a long time.

Last edited:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
http://sapphirescientific.com/Content_001b.aspx?cid=1225

This thing is awesome I can run 2.5 to the box and split to two 50 st 2 inch hose and the the lift stays at 10 on the machine even if one wand is off the carpet. Stays at 12 with both down.

Thats using 2 12 inch westpac's with hybrid glides and 6 flow each wand. It really holds the carpet well. I would'nt try it on thick polyester or burbur but its great on Nylon where theres more surface tension.

We actually cleaned a house today did tile and carpets at the sametime had to seal the vac relief on the turbo but it came out great.

what machine your running?
Why not 2 - 2inch hoses to the box, better airflow?
how did you get the pressure down for the carpet cleaning?
I have a CDV Box also, cant wait to use it for dual wanding.

4inches x 3.14= 12.48
2.5inches x 3.14 = 7.8

edited because i felt like a retard. hahah.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
4inches x 3.12= 12.48
2.5inches x 3.12 = 7.8
Your formula is for the circumference. Better (or worse) airflow is a function of area, the formula for area is pi times the radius squared.

Area for a 2 inch hose: 1 X 1 X 3.14 = 3.14

so the area for a pair of 2 inch hoses would be 6.28 square inches.

Area for a 2.5 inch hose: 1.25 X 1.25 X 3.14 = 4.91

6.28 is still more than 4.91, but not as extreme a difference as your numbers would suggest.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
ss570 I did run a 2 inch and a 2.5 it seamed the lift drops a little, but the cfm is probably better.

I was surprised to. I used my cfm tester out of both hose at 50 feet and it was a littlle over 470 cfm

Gardner Denver HeliFlow® 408 helical blower. Vacuum at 13 in. and flows up to 455 CFM so I'm guessing the up to 455 is when its has 13 hg maybe. I dont know.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
you would think airflow would be higher when there is no restriction to cause the hg to rise.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
so 4 to the door is 22 percent more airflow than one 2.5 inch hose.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
so 4 to the door is 22 percent more airflow than one 2.5 inch hose.
More accurate to say 4TD is 22% less restrictive than 2.5 - the wand/carpet interface is the primary restriction and is the major influence in establishing airflow. If everything else stays the same just switching to 4TD won't cause a 22% increase. It could help the airflow some, but whether it would and how much depends on a lot of variables.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
More accurate to say 4TD is 22% less restrictive than 2.5 - the wand/carpet interface is the primary restriction and is the major influence in establishing airflow. If everything else stays the same just switching to 4TD won't cause a 22% increase. It could help the airflow some, but whether it would and how much depends on a lot of variables.
i could see where that 22% could be a factor on long hose runs, or dual wanding say 150ft of hose on each wand. would help keep the cfm up with less restriction wouldnt you think?

Reactions: dgardner

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I've been using the devastator, and can say it works as advertised! All stainless...The clamps that close the lid are odd, but work...Works great on nasty filmy floors that send "gum like" material to a mesh net rather than entering my tank...The mytee didn't work, I was using that one for over 3 years...I will say that box looks durable from sapphire but large...How much is that one? I paid 4 bills for my devastator...

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
i could see where that 22% could be a factor on long hose runs, or dual wanding say 150ft of hose on each wand. would help keep the cfm up with less restriction wouldnt you think?
Sure, within reason. You wouldn't see it with, say, a 36 blower - gotta have enough oomph to begin with.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I liked my devastator just using it on my other truck like my rc99 from Joe to. just decides I wanted to try this and its sweet

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I tried 5 to the door, and feel I lost performance....

Tuthill 47 blower so I have a feeling I had too much for it to actually pull air through....or could say, maybe the hose was larger than the blower....

and I was loosing heat with the Butler because probably not enough air/Back pressure being built.

I haven't done a lot more experimenting with it and did not have any gauges to tell you any numbers....just felt it pooched out....

4 too the door might be some magic for it, but 2.5 inch is way easier overall

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom