Final MF head count and results.

Mikey P

Administrator
Not a bad turn out or our 3rd year.
For the most part everything went smoothly and according to plan.

Lot's got done but we could have used more time to do every thing I wanted.

I heard over and over again from the first timers about how much they learned and were enjoying themselves.

And of course some of the fest vets did nothing but drink and hang.

Tony's testing was informative, caused lots of debate and gave us a platform to do ever better controlled comparisons for next year. I'll let him post the outcomes.

The results at the Skating rink proved that VLM is the only way to improve the appearance of a impacted CGD. Host, GLS and Cimexing got the best visual results. The areas chosen to be HWE'd were also the most dry soil impacted so inevitably showed the most wicking the next day.

Those that took the Talisman tour were all blown away by what goes on there. Like past years, I heard comments that that alone was worth the trip out.

Chad got his.

Perfect weather!!!

Waldo was the life of the party and made me proud to be his dad.

Fenstermaker won the Rug book which raised over $900 to help out the Green Team.

The new V was super quite and hot enough to run two 012 wands @ 235º+

Steam Way, Dusty, Blue Line, Fibermaxx, Cobbs, Taf, DirtyGrout.com, Bridgepoint, Excellent Supply, the Maker Co, CCCS all gave out great gifts and prizes, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of great food and drink, Seeing the new V, hearing about how much was learned from the newer guys (and even some very old ones) and seeing great friends again made it worth every bit of effort for me. Thanks every one, especially those who came from so far to attend!!

1. Steve Bohnert-
2. Tony Lazarino-
3. Jim Eckman
4. Scott Warrington-
5. Tony Wheelwright-
6. Greg Loe-P Grout
7. Demien Lucero-
8. Steve Gann
9. Albert Lazo-
10. Bryan Luddy-P Grout
11. Lisa-
12. Greenie-
13. Curt Johnson
14. Dirk-
15. Becker
16. Chris Muetteries
17. Tom Meyer
18. Martin Bressle-
19. John Watson
20. Helen Watson-
21. Tom Mock-
22. Mrs Mock
23. Keith Collins-
24. Richard Bonilla
25. Al Spate
26. Gary Heacock-
27. Bob Foster-
28. Paul Budnick
29. Jeff Powell
30. Mrs Powell-
31. Eric Scofeild
32. Jim Hadley
33. Hadley Jr
34. Hadley Jr 2
35. Mark Spiegel
36. Chad K-
37. Rick Gelinas-
38. Nancy Gelinas-
39. Thom Fielding-
40. Mark Loftin
41. Rick Love-
42. Jerry Valentine-
43. Al Sims-
44. Adam Hale-
45. Ken Snow-
46. Loren Egland
47. Jose Agusto
48. Terry Peabody-
49. Louis Brasher
50. John Olsen-
51. Kelly the Wrench
52. Jeremy Sweetland
53. John Burris-
54. Rick Lewis
55. Waldo-
56. Brad Fenstermaker
57. Francisco Stoller
58. Jake Ramirez
59. Shawn Forsythe
60. Tony Lema
61. Ron Lippold –
62. Ray @ CMS
63. Neva Andersen T
64. Rod Landers
65. Dan Laurie
66. Fremont
67. Bennie Kelley-
68. Steve
69. Yaser
70. Joe Appleby
71. Raymond Romero
72. Rob Rocha Grout
73 Scott Middleton (host guy)
74. Bane Elliot
75. Julie Elliott

Oh and by the way Brevick, I pulled in about $2800 when all said is done.

I'll be at cat69 next week if you need to reach me.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
sorry i didn't make it but i wasn't sure i could....next year!

i sure hope your kidding about 65 buck to clean a dennys

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mikey I wanted to say it was a great weekend. Job well done on your end.

Thanks to you and the others that helped for a great weekend. Made it home in one piece.

The Preacher

maybe Chad can tell us which laundry powder/liquid and which brand washing machine gits the test soil out the best!!! LOL

SonofaGann

Slowly working up

from missing the 1st Mikefest,to one Sat, to Fri and Sat but missing the evenings activities. Great job!
SonofaGann

Matt King

It sounds like you guys had a great time! I've never been to California or a 'fest' for that matter.. Maybe next year I can make it if you have one again.

Tom Mock

Melissa and I came home to 60 degree temps. It was nice to bring the heat and sun home!!

I had a blast meeting everyone and seeing the big "V" up close. It was great being able to pick some of your brains!

Melissa still won't let the Hawaii thing go....LOL! We'll get there one yr.

She had a nice time at the spa and soaking up some Calif sun.

Had to go to Cali to find Waldo... I guess there is room in Iowa for both of us, although I don't know if we would claim him.

I plan on going back again next MikeFest!! It's worth the $$!

G

Congrats Mikey..
I'm sure its a logistical nightmare to put on..

Well done once again..

I hope Jeremy behaved.. since he represented the Hoosier STate.. We're not all like him. ha.

Most of us are taller and much better looking.
The Marines shortened him.. and made him ugly. Blame the Corps.

( i know he'll read this.. he'll call me)..

coyote howl on you efforts lurch.. High 5.

Bob Foster

We weighed the dirt, felt the love, and experienced Chad and Waldo, the rest was a bonus. Thanks to Mikey and all the rest behind the scenes that made it work. BBACK again.

Mikey,

Thanks it was simply great. Had such a great time getting to know CU and Brad F and just putting faces to names. Everybody was great that I had a chance to talk with.

Some great tips.

Great samples, thanks to all that contributed.

Your Beautiful Bro, God Bless.

Tony

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Kudos to you Mike. Had a great time. Hell yeah, that Waldo is a riot and a hell of a nice guy. I did'nt know there were Cali surfer types in Iowa.

Albert

JR

Thanks

Thanks to everyone at Mikefest. I had blast and learned alot, the Talisman tour was amazing. See everyone next year.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Totally worth the jet lag! Awesome weekend. Thanks for the great time! Tell Luddy to give that tweeker her aura back!
PS- Watch out Chad greased your door handles & wiper blades with hair gel.

Mikey P

Administrator
I thought that was his leg hair remover gel.

Worlds most powerful cleaning machine to the rescue.

I cleaned up that mess in 3 minutes....
I bet he wishes he could say the same.

G

1 load in the commercial Maytag..suitcase and all after I pulled out my Ipod and phone. I take that back, I pulled out the whites.

Try harder though Pops. Look for the suitcase with the clean clothes if you really want to get me. Dirty clothes are dirty clothes.

Mikey P

Administrator
Check the pockets off all those new california hipster slacks you bought perty boy.

I bet you dont find one hiding spot for weeks or months.

WaterBear

Mikefest was amazing. I learned a ton. Thanks to everyone that was there for being so friendly and good natured. Thanks a lot Mikey for being the main organizer of this incredible event. I will for sure be there every year.

harryhides

Name
Tony
The time just flew by for me and I didn't even get to meet everyone that was there. But of those that I did meet it would seem that the biggest goobers on the board were really nice and even civilized.

Waldo was a trip and whatever he was on did not wear off all week-end - plus he never shut up and never lost that huge grin on his face.

-JB-

Name
JB
Thanks Mike your efforts for hundreds of folks you never met it is greatly appreciated, your a class act.

Those of you that had the opportunity to make it and chose not to, missed one hell of an opportunity! i sincerely hope you make a better choice next time around. If you were unabol to attend for other reasons, please plan ahead for next year, we would all love to meet you in person.

It truly surprised and pleased me how open-minded, and willing to freely share you all were, certainly any preconceived notions of anyone on the board were way off,,,THANK GOD! :wink: It was my pleasure spending time with you all!

With two exceptions...
----WARNING----- Jeremy that little due can peel the paint off walls given the right foods,,,,not good!
Waldo OMG! What can I say he was one of the biggest DOUCHE BAGS I ever met. (If by douche bags you mean a big bag of energy) Certinly one of the most memorable people I've met in a long time. (No, they don't let me out much, actually it's not the getting out so much as not letting me back in, but I suppose Ol'Waldo has experienced that before, huh?) Seriously after meeting him , I remmebered why I stopped reading his posts- my loss - I went back and re-read them :lol:

To those of you that were so willing to offer your expertise,
Gary H
Greenie
Ken S
E. John W
Tony W

To those of you i had the pleasure of meeting and sharing with, and to those that I only briefly met before I left, my pleasure for sure your all a great bunch of people, just reinforcing my statement that- the longer I stay in this industry, the more I am continually amazed at how truly blessed that I am to work WITH YOU ALL!

POST ON BROTHERS POST ON!

harryhides

Name
Tony
JB said:
It truly surprised and pleased me how open-minded, and willing to freely share you all were, certainly any preconceived notions of anyone on the board were way off,,,THANK GOD! :wink: It was my pleasure spending time with you all!

Waaay off, you can say that again !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom