Finally.............

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The carpet in the picture looks pretty clean to me. It looks like it's doing what it's designed to do.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
that carpet was not cleaned by the 360i...

but yes..it was the typical move out and it was clean where the sectional set and dirty in other areas...

if you look close at how far down the 360i sucked itself into the carpet...there is no was the jets can disperse the water like they need to....

I know most do not have this problem...and there are some that are having the exact same issue...
the only thing I can figure is the power behind the truck..and the way the head is designed..it has no body to it....not enough there to hold its self up....

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Jim Martin said:
good plan...get a 175 and scrub it all in and then get a wand and extract....

or just get a good rotary and do it all in one step.... :roll:
Jim its about the cleaning pie, or tact. If you scrub in the pre spray the soil is suspended until extraction. And that whole bit about a hoss being a super referal generator is hogwash. On the jobs dirty enough to make a differance the hoss will be nice and maybe nicer than a 360 or rx but to say this single machine is going to propel you ahead of all the cleaners is insane. I think you may be trying to convince yourself more so than others :lol:

I did one today with the RX. It's the first one I have done with the RX in 6 months. Yes I will be offering this service on every job from now on at 40 cents per sq ft. We deep cleaned with the RX (five full slots no glides and five 80015 jets) at 300-350 psi. Carpet was pretty dry, but we still followed up with dry stokes with wand. I told the guy that the carpet was filthy and impacted and needed more than spray and suck with a wand. Also anyone that thinks dragging a rotary in is faster than rotary scrub with 175 and wand rinse is crazy. It takes twice as long with the rotary extractor but the results are far superior.

Also I had a guy call me last week wanting to buy my RX for 1600. I told him I couldn't sell it because even though I don't use it much, I still like having it for pet jobs.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
juniorc82 said:
Jim Martin said:
good plan...get a 175 and scrub it all in and then get a wand and extract....

or just get a good rotary and do it all in one step.... :roll:
Jim its about the cleaning pie, or tact. If you scrub in the pre spray the soil is suspended until extraction. And that whole bit about a hoss being a super referal generator is hogwash. On the jobs dirty enough to make a differance the hoss will be nice and maybe nicer than a 360 or rx but to say this single machine is going to propel you ahead of all the cleaners is insane. I think you may be trying to convince yourself more so than others :lol:

actually it is about being smarter then the machine....most gave up on pie after there first year of CC and got out of there comfort zone and actually learned how to clean...its not about what you put down..its about what you remove..and a good rotary will remove it all...I am not here to convince anyone....but your talking about spending all kinds of money in false hope advertising...I stopped advertising over 4 years ago..but you have to do what works for you..if someone can take what works for me and helps them along...then that great..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
I did one today with the RX. It's the first one I have done with the RX in 6 months. Yes I will be offering this service on every job from now on at 40 cents per sq ft. We deep cleaned with the RX (five full slots no glides and five 80015 jets) at 300-350 psi. Carpet was pretty dry, but we still followed up with dry stokes with wand. I told the guy that the carpet was filthy and impacted and needed more than spray and suck with a wand. Also anyone that thinks dragging a rotary in is faster than rotary scrub with 175 and wand rinse is crazy. It takes twice as long with the rotary extractor but the results are far superior.

Also I had a guy call me last week wanting to buy my RX for 1600. I told him I couldn't sell it because even though I don't use it much, I still like having it for pet jobs.

so what are you offering when you don't use the RX....??

Jim Martin said:
danielc said:

so what are you offering when you don't use the RX....??

Rotary tools really are a pita. You can't get under furniture at all with them, they don't do corners or tight areas, and you have too many cords. I consider it specialty cleaning that commands specialty pricing. But yes it cleans really deep.

Most jobs get a douse of pre-spray and sucked with the wand. If it's bad then we will scrub with 175 and brush. We put most of our focus on moving more stuff and doing extra dry strokes.

The one I did today was filthy impacted nylon that I knew no matter how good I hit it with the wand it would look dirty in a week or so. Lots of grime and pet oils. I got some really good pics of this job.

Jim to be honest the real reason I don't carry the RX is cuz I don't have room in my truck for it. I can't carry both rotary tools plus fans and all the other crap I carry. But if I can double a job ticket by offering it then I will carry it more.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
all of us clean different...some like the 175 and some don't..some like the 360i and some don't...as long as we are making money doing it the way we do..thats all that matters...I will worry more when I find out someone held a gun to someone else's head and forced them to do it there way...like I said...I post what works for me and got me where I am today...if someone can use it...more power to them..if someone don't like it..that fine...but it does not make it wrong...

its just not the way they clean..........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I like the rotary cuz its saved my back and more importantly my jacked up shoulder....

screw it, if its a little slower...at least i can crank out multi jobs in a day, with out being totally wiped

but IF my lazy ass gets my paperwork done for a loan on a truck/trailer setup, i do want to add a few tools on it to.. a newer 360 or the hoss for 1...so i would demo the stink out of the hoss

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Jim - cleaned any berber this week with it.

I have had two bad experiences this week. It would have been my 5th and 6th berber job w/Hoss. The first one I should have caught - the seam was weak and a few tufts were loose. But not loose/big enough for my dyson to grab them. Anyhow, one of them caught it wrapped around the edge of the glide and pulled it. About a 10 in section. Have to fix it next week.

Today - lightly soiled (5th time cleaning) berber, but one hall with some feet tracks going to the bedroom always has very slight wear paths left. I decided to hit it with the Hoss, but started on the office first. NO loose loops as I thoroughly checked everything since the last incident. Then this

IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0580-1.jpg

Only thing that I can guess is I have to turn my AT down to lessen the vacuum with the Hoss. Any other guess?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
boazcan said:
Jim - cleaned any berber this week with it.

I have had two bad experiences this week. It would have been my 5th and 6th berber job w/Hoss. The first one I should have caught - the seam was weak and a few tufts were loose. But not loose/big enough for my dyson to grab them. Anyhow, one of them caught it wrapped around the edge of the glide and pulled it. About a 10 in section. Have to fix it next week.

Today - lightly soiled (5th time cleaning) berber, but one hall with some feet tracks going to the bedroom always has very slight wear paths left. I decided to hit it with the Hoss, but started on the office first. NO loose loops as I thoroughly checked everything since the last incident. Then this

IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0580-1.jpg

Only thing that I can guess is I have to turn my machine down to lessen the vacuum with this machine. Any other guess?

I have done a hand full of berber with no problems...
I did do a CGD and get what you are showing in the picture....I have never had one pull out...just lift...

But to be honest...I have had the RX and the 360i do the same thing...

I really do not have an answer for this...I try to watch the seams and use the edge of the machine to ride against them...But seeing a loose loop is hard to find...and with the vacuum that rotaries gives us..sometimes it makes them stand up...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
"I stopped advertising over 4 years ago."

Dam you, Jim!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Trust me.....in the beginning I dumped enough money into it that I could of bought another set up...

it was depressing to put so much time and money into something and then just get a few calls from it....
I guess I have never really figured out how to make those things work....

I am really glad those days are over.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom