Finished, or just about

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Installed my hose reel today and that just about wraps up my little Hyundai box truck. Refurbished Steamway Mastermatic, 18/36 with a few modifications. No more kerosene, instead a lg 3 ht 1300 psi propane heater, so I can do tiles. Still enough room to squeeze in a porty if I have to, or bring extra tools like a crb and vacuum. Truck is a little 4 cylinder diesel, so should be a little more economical to run. We'll see how it works this week.

IMG_20190619_125544.jpg IMG_20190619_123348.jpg IMG_20190619_125552.jpg IMG_20190619_125600.jpg

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Good thing you carry a portable in the truck with the Steamway

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Come on Steamway is dependable!

You can count on heating issues. 😉
That's why I swapped the Kero heater for propane. My mechanic went through the motor and pump and says it's in great condition. My engineer neighbor removed the vac relief from the blower and Installed it on the waste tank, then made a better connecting stainless steel connector leading to the waste tank. Much better airflow and less turbulence. Will never be the most powerful unit but for most residential it should be good. Especially with the propane heat. I expect to use under 150 feet most of of the time, 200 ft at most. I have my CDS unit for longer hose runs. I am going to sell my dodge with my custom unit.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Wonder how @David Nalley is doing with his 2200 machine? Steamway for me is like your first kiss, may not have been the best but there is fondness for it being the first. Started with a Steamway 4100. @doylebloss was my first carpet cleaning instructor, he was a fill in the scheduled instructor couldn't make it.

Last edited:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Installed my hose reel today and that just about wraps up my little Hyundai box truck. Refurbished Steamway Mastermatic, 18/36 with a few modifications. No more kerosene, instead a lg 3 ht 1300 psi propane heater, so I can do tiles. Still enough room to squeeze in a porty if I have to, or bring extra tools like a crb and vacuum. Truck is a little 4 cylinder diesel, so should be a little more economical to run. We'll see how it works this week.

View attachment 91696 View attachment 91697 View attachment 91698 View attachment 91699
So, you're officially a short truck driver. BTW- That is one fugly truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom