Fire breathing truckmounts

Name
Evets
They won't be around in the future. The near future. Don't get too attached to yours, or, your way of doing things. Everything changes.

Name
Evets
What did the new rep at your deal tell you?
I just see the writing on the wall. The UK will ban combustion engines starting in 2040, and the US will be begrudgingly close behind. I've got my eye towards the future of this business. Not for me, but for my son. We want to be ahead of the curve.

Name
Evets
I believe gas powered Truckmounts will go the way of the Dinosaurs in 10 -15 years. Environmentally conscious young folks will demand Earth friendly cleaning companies. Battery powered trucks and equipment will rule the day.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I answer the question “do you use a truckmount like that carpet god Pailliotet?” by saying (in a sincere tone) “No, I use a non-polluting electrical machine. Also I won’t frighten your dog with the size of my head!”

100% closing rate. Size 7 1/4 hat.

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot
Name
Evets
I answer the question “do you use a truckmount like that carpet god Pailliotet?” by saying (in a sincere tone) “No, I use a non-polluting electrical machine. Also I won’t frighten your dog with the size of my head!”

100% closing rate. Size 7 1/4 hat.
When I bought my first truck mount, circa 1992, it was to make things easier for me, not to improve the quality of my work which was already satisfactory. Steamway Mastermatic that cost $14,000.

Reactions: Old Coastie

steve_64

I believe gas powered Truckmounts will go the way of the Dinosaurs in 10 -15 years. Environmentally conscious young folks will demand Earth friendly cleaning companies. Battery powered trucks and equipment will rule the day.
Until they have to replace the carpet from overwetting or all the spots reappear.

Quality will over.

Name
Evets
We will just have to charge twice as much to cover the penalties or fees for the fuel and insurance will be triple.
You're exactly right! Penalties and Insurance will be the deciding factor. Add public snarls and condescending bad reviews to the list of motivating factors.

Name
Evets
I ask an ETM builder why doesn't he use batteries to power his units? He said, "Are you willing to pay $20,000 for a military grade battery to power your Truckmount?"
Me: Yes.
The builder was Odin.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Oil is the new gold

And there’s too much of it. Nobody ever talks about the amount of fuel used to make a battery

Once this little hippy lefty attached to their iPhone generation dies out, things will be back to normal

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I just see the writing on the wall. The UK will ban combustion engines starting in 2040, and the US will be begrudgingly close behind. I've got my eye towards the future of this business. Not for me, but for my son. We want to be ahead of the curve.
Had you truly read the writing on the wall, you'd have internalized that in the future carpets will be cleaned by Robots.

And hopefully steer your son towards a better more secure profession.

Name
Jeff T
Had you truly read the writing on the wall, you'd have internalized that in the future carpets will be cleaned by Robots.

Well played Ofer, well played...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don’t see batteries shutting down the oil pump stations. There’s too much world powers behind it

Name
Evets
Like the ostrich and the desert......

You really believe all floor cleaning will be done by robots? Hell, how many people do you know that have a Roomba vacuum cleaner?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I'll be pushin' up Daisies by 2040. Me and Bawb.

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot
Name
Evets

He just secured a $60,000 a year account this week. He'll be just fine whichever way the wind blows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom